Principal Strategic Sourcing Manager - ODM/JDM (Director level IC role)
Peloton, Taipei, Taipei, Taiwan
High-energy group fitness in your living room
About the role:
The principal strategic sourcing manager, ODM/JDM management (director-level) will help oversee Peloton’s global supply base of ODM/JDM partners. In this role you’ll be responsible for owning the relationship and driving the commercial aspects of the relationship. You’ll also work cross functionally with Peloton Design Engineering, Operations, Product teams, Legal, Quality and Logistics on broader issues ensuring our manufacturing partners meet Peloton’s cost, quality and supplier performance objectives from new product phase, volume production and through product end of life to achieve business objectives. You’ll ensure that Peloton has the optimal manufacturing partners, supply chain, and operations to support our accelerating scale and growth plans.
- Drive/close ODM/JDM supplier contracts, such as MSA, SOW.
- Develop, negotiate and measure supplier metrics/KPIs and scorecards across key categories of cost, capacity, delivery, quality, technology
- Work with Project teams to ensure new product readiness, transition and rapidly ramp and reach time-to quality and volume on new products.
- Hold ODM partners accountable for managing Tier 2 suppliers to the agreed upon terms and conditions, including Tier 2 cost reduction goals.
- Exceed goals and deliver world class metric/KPI performance in quality and yield improvements, on-time shipment, lead time reduction, inventory turns and accuracy, OCOGS, and cost reduction on ODM managed parts, etc.
- Perform rationalization of Peloton’s evolving global manufacturing footprint.
- Drive capacity planning process at the factories to ensure we have adequate lead time to add equipment and tooling as required by demand forecasts.
- Conduct Quarterly Business Reviews with management, and ensure executives from Peloton and our supplier partners are aligned and executing on key objectives
- 10+ years of experience in sourcing, engineering, manufacturing, and/or supply chain.
- Domain expertise with Asian ODM/JDM/EMS management & product development processes.
- Exceptional business acumen to manage product cost, and supplier relationships
- Experience in supplier selection, contract negotiations and supply base management
- Familiar with consumer electronics product development cycle and mass production challenges
- Strong negotiating and analytical skills; problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Well-versed in TCO analysis in an outsourced manufacturing setting, including make vs. buy.
- Strong understanding and experience working in Taiwan/China
- Chinese language proficiency a strong plus
- Able to travel internationally as needed, up to 25%
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one