Senior Data Scientist, AI
Location: New York, NY
The Artificial Intelligence team at Peloton is looking for a Data Scientist to drive data engineering and analysis efforts. Their main focus will be to work closely with ML Engineers, QA engineers, and data infrastructure team to help support the future of machine learning and connected fitness. They will be responsible for building tools and infrastructure required to digest, analyze and understand data and assess how each and every piece of data affects our models and provide feedback based on that. They will also develop strategies to make sure there is alignment between product and data.
- Design and develop tools for automatic data engineering, analysis and visual dash-boarding
- Oversee all aspects of data quality including establishing metrics and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
- Develop advanced models to extract data needed, removing corrupted data, perform analysis to provide additional data screening and preparing reports based on analysis and presenting to management
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (both manual and automated).
- Analyze data by running though existing models and figuring out gaps and inconsistencies
- Mentor other data analysts and engineers in the team.
- BS or higher in statistics, mathematics, computer science or related fields.
- 4-6 Years of experience developing infrastructure and platforms to power data analysis and engineering efforts and perform data analysis.
- Strong programming background, with extensive experience in Python. Experience with C, C++, Java, Swift, or more general purpose programming languages is a plus.
- Substantial experience with multiple technologies from the following list: AWS, Sagemaker, MLFlow, Airflow, TensorBoard, Anaconda, Jupyter, Kubernetes, MySQL, NoSQL, NFS, Spark.
- Entrepreneurial and self-directed, innovative, biased towards action in fast-paced environments.
- Able to take complete ownership of a feature or project.
- Previous experience with developing machine learning technology and infrastructure.
- Strong background working with large amounts of time series data and image data, associated annotations and meta-data.
- Experience setting up ML CI / CD pipelines, testing and validating code and components, testing and validating data, data schemas, and models.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
The best bed for better sleep