Network Security Architect
Peloton, New York, New York
High-energy group fitness in your living room
Peloton is seeking a Network Security Architect to join our team. You will be a member of the Global Network Services team responsible for a highly-available and secure global infrastructure that enables Peloton’s growing global presence. This includes providing High and Low Level Designs and network security architecture, defining security standards, evaluating new products and vendors. Work with the Global Network Services team to deploy, maintain, and support secure global wired and wireless data networks, voice systems, switches, routers, firewalls, site-to-site IPsec tunnels and client VPN. You will collaborate with the business stakeholders and other IT teams within the Enterprise Technology organization on projects and initiatives in addition to partnering with our Cyber Security team to design security principles and best practices for our internal user community to align with best-in-class security services.
- Provide network security architecture expertise and work with the global network architects and engineers to deploy, support and troubleshoot a complex global network environment.
- Work closely with Cyber Security and GRC teams to design globally consistent and secure network infrastructure and to establish and enforce policies; define, monitor access, logging and privileged user management
- Act as a global subject matter expert in network security architecture with Aruba, Cisco, and Palo Alto, solutions by partnering with stakeholders to develop operational documentation and diagrams, design and build device configuration templates, automate device deployments and changes, and contribute to the overall stability and standardization of the network environment and to gather requirements and provide network designs according to the team standards and definitions.
- Participate in and lead large-scale strategic initiatives and tool/automation implementation to advance the company’s overall network security architecture and improve business outcomes.
- Contribute to projects consisting of analysis, design, and implementation of enterprise-class, next-generation systems, including the creation of maintenance and release strategies.
- Have a clear vision for the future state of Peloton’s network security architecture.
- Have a clear understanding of the ongoing projects and their possible impact on the network design and architecture.
- Evaluate partner solution portfolio roadmaps and new technologies for potential deployment across Peloton’s entire footprint of retail stores, warehouses, call centers, and offices globally and define and document success criteria when running a Proof of Concept for new products/designs/technologies and/or vendor selection.
- Review and optimize current network security architecture.
- Provide troubleshooting guidance and runbooks for Tier 1 and Tier 2 IT support
- On-call 24x7 network support and escalation may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or a related field.
- One or more industry leading certifications preferred such as CCNP Enterprise, PCNSE or PCNSA etc.
- Experience with Palo Alto next generation firewalls and Prisma Access is a must.
- 10+ years of experience in a multi-vendor network engineering, architecture, and design with 7+ years in a senior role placing emphasis on setting security standards
- Combined experience should include:
- 10+ years of experience with Palo Alto firewalls
- 10+ years hands-on experience with routing/switching protocols and VPN technologies.
- 8+ years of experience with designing, deploying, and supporting complex global network and/or solution engineering in SaaS environments
- 7+ years of experience with supporting enterprise firewalls, IPS/IDS, Content/URL filtering, IPsec tunnels and Wireless Security.
- 5+ years of experience with RADIUS/TACACS+ and 802.1x, ClearPass or Cisco ISE
- Network design and support of public cloud infrastructure: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Scripting or coding experience with one or more languages
- Hands-on experience with designing, deploying and supporting SD-WAN solutions.
- Experience with *nix systems and general use
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Motivated self-starter who has the ability to lead by example and break-down complex problems in order to find resolutions quickly
- Strong knowledge of network design and applications, including designing IP addressing hierarchy, complex routing and switching technologies.
- Understanding of network architecture, design of large scale networks
- Strong experience with multiple successful implementations (including the ability to design, configure, deploy, manage, and troubleshoot) of Cisco routers and switches, site-to-site IPsec tunnels, Palo Alto firewalls and Meraki security appliances, switches and wireless.
- Strong knowledge of project life cycle management
- Strong knowledge of change management and MOPs
- Strong knowledge of packet capture and traffic analysis
- Virtualization technologies
- Strong knowledge of wireless design, technologies and wireless site survey tools
- Secure network architectures, including Beyond/Zero Trust frameworks
- High availability network design and technology
- Hands-on experience with how to support repeatable, reliable, and scalable network architectures with fault tolerance, performance tuning, monitoring systems, statistics/metrics collection, and disaster recovery.
- Expert level knowledge of transport protocols, routing protocols, and security/auth to encryption protocols at all layers of the OSI model with emphasis on TCP/IP are essential
- Experience with designing, configuring or supporting Cisco ISE and HPE Clearpass
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Help the world share their story