Senior Engineer Manager, AI Infrastructure
High-energy group fitness in your living room
Senior Engineering Manager, AI Infrastructure
The Artificial Intelligence team at Peloton is looking for an experienced Senior Engineering Manager, to help staff and lead a team of engineers responsible for ideating and scaling a quality assurance and data infrastructure for multi-platform, global, and rapidly growing products. You will work with Peloton’s AI Data Infrastructure organization to help deliver on our vision to build a world-class infrastructure with a focus on scalability, privacy, and security.
The manager will focus on making sure the team is resourced appropriately, drive day-to-day delivery and prioritization of work, and lead, coach and mentor developers. They’ll support the AI/ML teams (personalization, computer vision, wearables, and voice) in ensuring delivery and alignment with company initiatives.
- Evolve AI Data Infrastructure product and technical roadmap and drive for its execution.
- Manage and grow a team of machine learning infrastructure engineers, software engineers, and data engineers responsible for delivering to that roadmap.
- Establish processes to effectively improve machine learning engineering and operational excellence.
- Identify and drive the adoption of new technologies, architecture and skill sets for the team to take on new challenges.
- Partner closely with Recruiting to identify and hire strong candidates from diverse backgrounds.
- Motivate and drive a continuous performance-based culture within the team. Provide adequate management support for the team in the form of team meetings, 1:1’s and other forums as needed to support the group and individual development objectives of team members.
- Coach and mentor team members. Foster their career growth through setting objectives, regular feedback, and sharing best practices.
- Lead by example to actively maintain and build a culture of learning, respect, transparency, and trust.
- Proactively engage and support the Personalization, Computer Vision, Wearables and Voice teams that develop ML technology
- Collaborate within the AI and ML teams to identify data/infrastructure needs that support project goals.
- Scale up and build the next generation of its AI infrastructure, specifically its core compute and data platform
- Handle planning and breaking down large projects; Manage program and project risks appropriately; Jira and scrum ceremonies; Identify and mitigate internal and cross-functional dependencies and blockers.
- Lead with a “members first” mentality, and how individual projects enrich the overall experience for end users.
- Drive technical decision making through objectively assessing trade offs based on architecture, scope, business priorities, and impact to product experience.
- Leverage a strong technical foundation and experience to provide appropriate guidance in a team of senior and staff machine learning engineers and software engineers.
- Work with engineers to support and nurture the team codebase to leverage software best practices (e.g. SOLID, OOP principles, code coverage, CI/CD/Cx)
- BS/MS or PHD in Computer Science or a related quantitative field with a focus on statistics, machine learning and mathematics. Strong background in software engineering.
- 5+ years of technical management experience.
- 5+ years of combined machine learning and software development experience. Demonstrable experience building and deploying machine learning systems in production.
- Technical understanding of different components of a modern big data infrastructure is a must-have, such as Spark, Kafka, Kubernetes, Sagemaker, Hadoop ecosystem, and etc.
- Experience scaling data infrastructure products and tools used by engineering teams.
- Experience deploying machine learning models and algorithm pipelines on low-power edge devices with compute constraints.
- Experience working with Agile methodology and delivery of quality software as part of an Agile team.
- Demonstrable experience shipping several large projects with multiple dependencies across teams
- Ability to mediate between competing product and technical priorities; align priorities and goals through collaboration with technical leads and product managers.
- Experience with coaching and mentoring engineers at different stages in their career, including senior and staff level engineers. Able to demonstrate the ability to identify the strength and weaknesses of individuals in order to maximize team effectiveness.
- Experience hiring talented engineers at different levels.
Please note: This is a full-time position that will be remote initially (due to COVID-19) and based in will be based in our New York City HQ once safe to re-open the office.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.