The Peloton Prototype team is looking for a technician to help us bring ideas to life. This role is based in our Prototype Shop and Lab and will assist in new product development projects. The Hardware Technician is comfortable working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and is a hands-on problem solver with a desire to learn what they don’t already know. All applicants should be able to easily follow instruction, work independently, and think quickly.
This role is contract to hire.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Provide technical assistance including: assembling & tearing down equipment, prototypes and mechanical assemblies.
- Lift, carry and move projects and equipment (subject to functional employment testing)
- Adhere to high expectations placed on teamwork along with the ability to work professionally with fellow team members and other departments within Peloton
- Assist in maintaining and organizing tool and material libraries
- Support departmental related shipping and receiving
- Help maintain shop facilities and housekeeping
- Communicate technical information through various media including: clear and concise language, short and professional email.
- Demonstrate a desire and ability to tackle new challenges with enthusiasm and focus
- 1-3+ years experience working in a shop environment
- Have experience with hand tools, power tools and stationary equipment
- Ability to operate equipment maintenance and power tools, with dexterity and stamina to transport or shift equipment or shipments as necessary
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills, safe practices and exceptional work habits
- Fabrication experience and ability to execute basic fabrication tasks with direction
- Ability to check finished work based on measurements and critical dimensions
- Understanding of 3D print process is a plus
- Able to communicate through drawing and digital Images
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
Tech Jobs For You
Staff Engineer, Backend (Drivers League)
Spot Hero, Chicago, IL, United States, Toronto, Ontario, Canada