Senior Manager, Plant Maintenance Engineering
Peloton, Troy Township, Ohio
High-energy group fitness in your living room
Peloton is searching for a Senior Manager, Plant Maintenance Engineering to lead and drive the creation and rollout of Peloton Output Park, a greenfield facility in Northwest Ohio. The Senior Manager, Plant Maintenance Engineering will lead a maintenance team across a 24 hour, three shift operation. This person will play a key leadership role within the overall plant equipment maintenance, including hiring and leading a high-performing team with a focus on delivering world-class safety, quality, cost effectiveness, and sustainability results. This role will be a key support to the Director, Plant Operations. This leader will foster a positive culture that aligns with Peloton’s core values.
- Oversees the execution and control of area Safety, Quality, Cost, and Delivery performance versus goals for assigned area
- Practices and ensures positive employee relations, ensuring decisions are made in a fair and consistent manner
- Develop strategic plans in which business goals and objectives are met; talent development, customer focus, and employee engagement
- Drives the WMC transformation through involvement in the strategic planning process and the execution of activities defined in that process
- Drive Professional Maintenance metrics such as machine availability, mean time between failure, and mean time to repair
- Champion World Class Manufacturing through daily coaching in WCM tools, or equivalent, and methodologies and logical problem solving
- Responsible for employee engagement and ensures that policies and procedures are administered on a consistent basis
- Responsible for the development and growth of supervisors, group leads, and other members of the team
- Proven ability to create and manage to a large budget
- Consistently ensures that area job responsibilities are promptly and efficiently carried out and nurtures a high level of staff performance
- Drive continuous improvement in the area of responsibility relative to business objectives
- Prioritizes and organizes short term and long term goals and activities in accordance with business objectives
- Ensure strict adherence to all manufacturing standards/methods
- Practices positive employee relations and develops self and others
- Employee coaching, counseling, and corrective actions as necessary
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Business, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience
- At least 5 years of people leadership experience in a manufacturing environment
- Personal effectiveness through integrity, motivation, dependability/reliability, willingness to learn, interpersonal skills, professionalism, and initiative
- Strong understanding of World Class Manufacturing principles and methodologies and proven problem-solving ability are preferred
- Strong background in Maintenance and Equipment including CNCs, robotics, and automation
- Track record in driving continuous improvement
- Ability to grow individual and organization competency through proactive coaching and mentoring
- Workplace competencies; teamwork, adaptability/ flexibility, customer focus, planning/organizing, problem-solving, decision-making, creative thinking, workplace computer applications, checking, examining, and recording, alignment with leadership direction
- Problem-solving skills and conflict resolution skills
- Success in a teaming environment
- Success in a multi-tasking environment
- Ability to develop technical talent pipeline including recruitment and internal development programs
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one