Senior Build Systems Engineer - CI/CD
Peloton, New York
High-energy group fitness in your living room
Peloton's System Engineering team is looking for experienced, well-rounded Senior Build Systems Engineer who will be responsible for establishing and maintaining the Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) automation infrastructure. You will work with a cross functional team to deliver scalable automation solutions to enable rapid development, configuration management of the source code and supporting test, deployment and production sustaining activities.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- 6+ years of hands-on experience with setting up and maintaining build systems with a focus on scalability
- Ability to mentor, coach and lead other team members
- Strong knowledge of Git/Gerrit (and repo) configuration management tool
- Strong knowledge of Git/Gerrit branch management and merging.
- Strong experience scripting in Python, Bash, etc.
- Strong experience with setting up and configuring Jenkins or CircleCI
- Experience with Android OS build systems
- Experience with Java and/or Kotlin
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Setup and maintain a scalable, stable set of build, test and deploy jobs for the Peloton System Engineering team
- Own, extend and maintain the AWS based infrastructure hosting the CI/CD tools and ensure we have scalable, global infrastructure to support our team needs
- Extend the build system for new product initiatives if/when needed.
- Take ownership of core automation tools such as Gerrit, Jenkins, CircleCI and extend/maintain as needed
- Ensure the infrastructure is secure, recoverable (disaster, data) and maintained (security patches, tool upgrades, etc.) and highly automated
- Establish and maintain an infrastructure that enables automated build signing for firmware builds
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Hands on experience with Linux and C/C++
- Knowledge of Mobile software lifecycle and continuous integration practices
- Experience with a configuration management tool like Chef, Puppet, or Ansible a strong plus
- Prior experience with security tools, HSM and code signing
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.