Peloton is looking for highly specialized Senior Designer II to lead the ideation, design and execution of global packaging for one of Peloton’s core product lines. Our ideal candidate is a conceptual, detail-oriented, systematic thinker who strategically designs packaging toward a larger brand narrative while also considering the smaller, thoughtful details that enhance the consumer out of box experience. The position requires a strong foundation in both structural and graphic design, and extensive exposure to the full packaging design and development process.
This role reports directly to the Senior Design Manager, Global Packaging and will begin as a remote role, but will be expected to report to our HQ in New York in the near future.
- Define the unboxing experience and first physical touchpoint of the consumer journey for one of Peloton’s core products, ensuring a holistic experience that connects Brand and Product
- Partner with other designers on the team to maintain, evolve and iterate on a cohesive, elevated design system that heroes our product and ensures brand consistency across all packaging touchpoints
- Own the design process and comfortably navigate through challenges throughout the various stages of development: research and strategy, concept and iteration, DFM and engineering, cost analysis and production
- Work in tandem with Design Project Management and Engineering Program Management to meet packaging design deliverables within the Hardware product development process
- Work in close partnership with Package Engineering, Industrial Design, Hardware, Operations/Logistics, Sourcing, Merchandising and Marketing organizations, guiding the design process and synthesizing feedback and input from stakeholders
- Ensure that all packaging meets cost and business objectives
- Manage communication with external vendors, both domestic and international
- Partner with Design Leadership to drive the evolution of our brand packaging aesthetic and long-term packaging strategy, considering focus areas such as sustainability, accessibility and scalability
- Drive innovation in packaging through structure, materials and manufacturing processes by staying up to date on industry trends and technology
- Work with Design Leadership, Design Project Management, Engineering and Sourcing to continue to optimize and streamline the packaging process with mindfulness to scalability
- Strategize new opportunities and improvements to the consumer experience as they relate to packaging
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in Packaging Design with a hybrid focus on structure and graphics
- Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Design and/or Graphic Design (dual focus a bonus)
- Expertise in 3D modeling (Cinema4D, Keyshot, Solidworks and/or Rhino preferred), Artios CAD and Adobe CC (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop)
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant experience
- Experience as part of an in-house design team
- Experience overseeing the packaging design and development process from concept through execution, including vendor communication and management
- Deep understanding of structural design, printing, materials and manufacturing processes
- Capable of working on all packaging touchpoints including core/primary packaging, secondary/shipping packaging, in-box components and collateral, etc.
- Strong visual design aesthetic including typography, pattern and photography
- Ability to work across organizational boundaries to define, manage, and prioritize work
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills
- Ability to tackle complex projects under tight timelines while maintaining a positive attitude
- Unwavering attention to detail and a strong sense of ownership
- Understanding of (and excitement around) Peloton’s brand, aesthetic, voice and mission
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one