SAFETY PROJECT MANAGER, FINAL MILE
The Final Mile Safety Team is responsible for health, safety and risk management for warehouse and delivery operations. In this role, you will manage projects in these areas to meet and exceed compliance with all industry and government regulations, requirements and standards. This person will need to collaborate with and achieve buy-in from Final Mile team members and leadership, make data-driven decisions and monitor the progress of the projects to keep them on schedule and within budget. The role will be a key support to the Safety Manager, Field Operations. This Project Manger (PM) will foster a positive culture that aligns with Peloton’s core values.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND REQUIREMENTS
- Prepare and implement policies to establish a culture of health and safety; coach Final Mile leadership in better ways of working and hold leaders accountable to policy enforcement
- Execute proper pre-planning for all safety-related activities impacting both warehouse and delivery operations
- Proactively identify safety opportunities and develop project plans to solve them
- Build pilot projects and convert to network-scale implementation, including SOP/policy generation
- Proactively deliver projects from the Safety workstream roadmap on time and within budget
- Drive Final Mile operations adherence to all applicable regulatory compliance requirements
- Aid business units in actions to eliminate worker injuries, vehicle accidents and associated costs
- Analyze data related to team member injuries, vehicle accidents and other safety-related metrics and develop measurable mitigation strategies
- Investigate accidents or incidents and support site leadership in behavior change
- Actively participate in and lead site Safety committees
- Serve as a resource for site Safety Captains and other site leadership
- Conduct in-person training when necessary for health and safety material
- Present findings to senior leadership
This description indicates the general nature of the qualifications and duties required in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform in this job. It is not a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities employees assigned to this job may have.
- Minimum of 4 years in a Safety related field or bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Occupation Hygiene and Safety Technician (OHST), Associate Safety Professional (ASP) or Certified Safety Professional (CSP) certification is preferred
- Strong project management and communication skills
- Experience manipulating data and presenting it to audiences of various levels
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to align and deliver technical projects
- Knowledge of OSHA (specifically 29 CFR 1910), NFPA and EPA regulations
- Knowledge of Local, State and Federal regulatory agencies and requirements
- Comprehension and practical application of risk assessments
Must be able to sit at a desk for prolonged periods working on a computer. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.