Senior Data Engineer, Business Intelligence
Peloton, NY HQ
High-energy group fitness in your living room
As a Data Engineer on the Business Intelligence team, you will lead data collection and performance improvement efforts across multiple data sources and platforms to support analytics across the entire suite of Peloton products and services.
- Design, develop, deploy and manage a reliable and scalable data analysis pipeline, using technologies including Python and AWS
- Facilitate the transfer of data from internal sources to external tools and platforms
- Facilitate the transfer of data from external sources to our analytics database
- Identify gaps in our data collection and collaborate with product and engineering on data capture specifications
- Compile and reconcile data from multiple sources
- Develop a vision to extend/improve our existing analytics and reporting technology stack
- Stay up to date with the latest technologies and trends in analytics
- BS/MS in Computer Science or related field of study.
- 5+ years experience working in large scale data engineering environment (ETL, Hadoop, Hive, AWS, EC2, Redshift, etc.)
- Experience building and maintaining batch processes, using AWS Data Pipeline, Airflow, Luigi, cron, quartz, etc.
- Strong understanding of SQL and relational databases (experience in database administration is a plus+)
- Experience inspecting, moving, and transforming data on the *nix command line using shell scripts, Unix tools such as sed, awk, cut, sort, etc.; or higher level languages like Python/Perl/Ruby
- A solid foundation in computer science fundamentals with particular expertise in data structures, algorithms, and design
- Experience building systems that must deal with the complexities of integrating with third parties
HOW IT ALL STARTED
Founded in 2012, Peloton brought top talent together in its NYC headquarters to create a new concept in fitness. We loved cycling but had a hard time finding a workout that consistently fit our schedules, and our at-home workouts never felt quite up to par. So, we set out to create a world-class indoor cycling studio experience on your time, and in the comfort of your own home.
A NEW CONCEPT IN FITNESS
At-home fitness equipment has not evolved at the same pace as the group exercise classes that take advantage of trends in fitness, fashion and music to keep you motivated. Peloton has changed this by marrying sophisticated technology with beautiful and thoughtfully designed fitness equipment.
THE PELOTON DIFFERENCE
We are more than just a class, a cycling studio, and a bike. We deliver a fully engaging experience with the technology to make every workout effective, and the social connection to make every workout addicting.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Learning Experience Specialist, Member Support
Credit Karma, San Francisco, CA
Originals Publicity Manager, Kids & Family Film - EMEA
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands
CB Insights, New York
Everlane, San Francisco, CA
Email & Push Marketing Specialist
ModCloth, Los Angeles, CA