We are looking for passionate backend engineers who care about data and system performance. At Peloton, you will have the opportunity to rapidly change the face of the fitness industry. You will be working within an agile scrum team that consists of both backend and frontend engineers on a daily basis to develop and maintain a scalable and robust infrastructure that supports user-facing functionalities and social experiences. You will also be leading large projects, collaborating with team members on estimating project scopes, setting milestones, as well as identifying project risks and dependencies.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE:
- Passion for building scalable backend framework that supports a rapid growing user base
- 6+ years of software development experience
- Experience building Python based backend framework at scale
- Experience with designing RESTful API
- Experience with working on service oriented architecture and RPC design
- Experience with concurrency and parallelism in Python
- Experience with data modeling and at least one database engine (MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.)
- Experience developing with test driven mentality
- Solid understanding of HTTP, TCP, SSL in API context
- Ability to own and deliver end to end API functionality from design/architect, to implementation, to testing, to production release and monitoring
- Ability to accomplish complex engineering task independently
- Ability to manage complex cross team coordinations and work closely with product owners
- Ability to evaluate and communicate different engineering solutions and trade-offs
- B.S. in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent years of work experience
BONUS POINTS IF YOU:
- Have solid understanding of clean software design principles
- Have an MS in Computer Science or Engineering
- Have Github project(s) or contribute to open source communities
- Have worked in a Test Driven Development environment before
- Have a diverse knowledge of other programming languages and frameworks
- Have continuous build experience in an Agile Environment
- Have experience leading backend development and engineering
Founded in 2012, Peloton has transformed the at-home fitness experience by creating bike and treadmill that merge high-design with modern technology to provide access to live streaming and on-demand indoor fitness classes led by elite instructors. With state of the art studios, the best instructors and content distribution, Peloton deliver intense high-energy workouts that motivate, while positively changing the mind and body.
Peloton offers cloud-based live streaming of instructional cycling exercise content on a multi-touch console equipped with social elements.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Jobs You May Like
Protein Biochemist / Enzymologist
Ginkgo Bioworks, Boston, MA
Fearless, Baltimore - Fearless HQ
Kobalt Music Group, London
Lead Security Engineer
Grand Rounds, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer, Full Stack
Rocket Lawyer, KRAKÓW, POLAND
Image Sensor Characterization System Engineer
Magic Leap, Inc., Tel Aviv