ABOUT THE ROLE
Peloton is seeking an internal communications manager to help craft and implement communications activities that support our overall strategic priorities, drive employee engagement and retention, and provide employees with context and insights for the leadership team.
This person will be a savvy communicator, strong collaborator, and an effective influencer who is able to build an internal communications capability for our company from the ground up, leveraging cross-functional partnerships and both new and existing technology. The ideal candidate will have strong experience communicating with employees and C-level executives, be focused on employee engagement, proactive and strategic in approach, and able to function well in a fast-paced environment.
- Work closely with senior leadership across departments, including HR, to develop communications that build engagement and a positive, transparent culture within the company.
- Build and manage the Internal Communications Calendar and messaging plan.
- Manage and coordinate regular, company-wide all-hands meetings and other employee-facing events and initiatives.
- Create a seamless flow of information from top-down and bottom-up that results in team members receiving important information from leadership (changes, goals, values) and leadership understanding needs of team members.
- Build and leverage employee feedback channels, monitor in real-time, and analyze data from regular surveys. Propose and apply best practices to extend reach and engagement, and improve delivery methods and frequency.
- Act as a trusted resource and develop strong relationships with colleagues at all levels. Build consensus across cross-functional teams and influence decision making with senior-level audiences to achieve business objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-7+ years dedicated experience in internal and/or corporate communications
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills, with superb ability to translate ideas into clear, compelling messaging
- Strong ability to build cross-functional relationships and influence without authority across all levels and functions
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and be part of a lean and nimble team
- Ability to build and develop relationships
- Strong writing and editing skills
- The ability to be flexible and work well under pressure
HOW IT ALL STARTED
Founded in 2012, Peloton brought top talent together in its NYC headquarters to create a new concept in fitness. We loved cycling but had a hard time finding a workout that consistently fit our schedules, and our at-home workouts never felt quite up to par. So, we set out to create a world-class indoor cycling studio experience on your time, and in the comfort of your own home.
A NEW CONCEPT IN FITNESS
At-home fitness equipment has not evolved at the same pace as the group exercise classes that take advantage of trends in fitness, fashion and music to keep you motivated. Peloton has changed this by marrying sophisticated technology with beautiful and thoughtfully designed fitness equipment.
THE PELOTON DIFFERENCE
We are more than just a class, a cycling studio, and a bike. We deliver a fully engaging experience with the technology to make every workout effective, and the social connection to make every workout addicting.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.