This strategic supply chain planning position is responsible for developing operations planning and forecasting activities associated with inventory investments from tiered suppliers through to customers, including service. This individual creates and maintains planning, forecasting, and supply models for optimal use of working capital. She/he will also develop scaleable processes and information technology systems that enable fast and accurate measures for rapid growth.
Continuous improvement methodologies will be utilized to improve supply chain performance while ensuring maximum revenue generating flexibility, minimizing E&O, and improving inventory turns. He/she will incorporate business intelligence and market data with forecast information gathered from sales, marketing, finance, retailer replenishment signals, and other market data.
This leader will integrate supply chain needs, logistics lanes, geographic growth rates, strategic initiatives and corporate objectives into a framework for executive review and guide collaborative decision making.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Lead forward and reverse supply chain and operations planning for the company.
- Develop and mentor the team providing coaching and growth opportunities.
- Lead operational installation of IT systems for accuracy, consistency, scale and growth across a multi-party fulfillment system.
- Build a world class operations dashboard for rapid response to market.
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with cross-functional teams to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is quickly and readily available
- Best practices in supply & demand planning utilizing a S&OP framework
- Present forecast and lead inventory planning recommendation meetings including recommended forecasts and inventory positions, considering product transitions and promotional calendars.
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results.
- Coordinate cross-functional research activities to reconcile variances and refine the forecast model to reflect updated business assumptions.
- Closely coordinate and communicate demand changes & action plans with broader supply chain team leaders.
- Manage inventory targets (including safety stock levels) that are approved by management.
- Prepare, report, and communicate forecast and inventory measurements to management (forecast accuracy, inventory plan vs. targets).
- Monitor SKU levels and recommend SKU rationalization initiatives in the future
- Proactively facilitating, re-engineering, best practices & consensus between functional experts (Demand Planning, Inventory Planning, Purchasing, Sales & Marketing, Operations, Finance, and IT)
- Analyze all data pertinent to creating the planning horizon, including business assumptions, historical sales, market trends, seasonality, promotions, and tier 1 account POS and inventory levels.
- Leadership of high performance team and cross functional stewardship.
- Improved relationships among planners, logistics, sales & marketing, and finance which will lead to effective knowledge sharing and an optimal consensus forecast to better guide the company.
- A company forecast process that incorporates current and accurate market information that allows the company to correctly predict customer demand and provide its supply chain with the appropriate information to plan how to meet that customer demand.
- Refined systems and methods to continually improve forecasts so that the company can better anticipate customer needs.
- Create excellence in the area of customer replenishment and feedback to the supply chain group the opportunities and risks regarding inventory, lifecycles, and customer support performance metrics.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have leadership skills in the following areas, including deep knowledge of industry best practices.
- Background in master scheduling, forecasting, procurement and planning.
- Experience with Sales and Operations Planning (S&OP) methodologies
- Supply Chain Analytics, CPFR and market share measurements
- Strong knowledge of supply and demand planning processes within consumer goods
- Knowledge of demand management/forecasting tools, supply planning, forecasting processes in sales, marketing operations, finance, and mfg
- Good communication and team building skills
- Extensive spreadsheet analysis and strong mathematical abilities
- Experience with MRP functionality, building and maintaining IT systems
- Knowledge of key inventory performance metrics, turns, margin contributions
- Ability to lead cross-functionally.
- Collaborative skills in resolving long and short positions in inventory.
- Experience in managing end of life cycle and absolute inventory.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration
- MBA or Masters in Operations a plus
- A minimum of 15 years’ experience in supply chain, S&OP, forecasting and demand planning experience
- Strong analytical, communication and organizational skills required
- Knowledge and understanding supply chain IT systems and tools
- Ability to influence through effective verbal/written communication skills with Executive Leadership
- Collaborative approach to working within a team environment
- Understanding of materials management practices
Founded in 2012, Peloton has transformed the at-home fitness experience by creating a bike that merges high-design with modern technology to provide access to live streaming and on demand indoor cycling classes led by elite instructors. With a state of the art studio, the best instructors and content distribution, Peloton delivers an intense high-energy workout that motivates, while positively changing the mind and body.
Peloton offers cloud-based live streaming of instructional cycling exercise content on a multi-touch console equipped with social elements.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.