Environmental Health and Safety Manager
Peloton, Woodinville, WA
High-energy group fitness in your living room
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Environmental Health and Safety Manager is responsible for leading, coordinating and implementing Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) programs and activities directed at moving towards continuous improvement for the Woodinville offices and manufacturing facility. Maintains effective relationships and collaborates with management on all EHS issues and regulatory programs including but not limited to hazard / risk identification, safety policies/procedures, and injury/illness prevention. The EHS Manager plans, directs, and implements organization health and safety programs to ensure a safe and healthy work environment.
The EHS Manager reports to the Operations Director and works under general supervision. Responsible for department budget, developing a plant level strategic plan and EHS performance to plan.
YOUR DAILY IMPACT AT PELOTON
- Develops and presents plans and strategies to ensure the company achieves revenue and profitability.
- Continue to refine and inspire action affecting the leading indicators of incident prevention and culture improvement to EHS.
- Actively pursue and direct a proactive, continuous improvement incident prevention approach to EHS.
- Work with People Business Partner in all aspects of Workers Compensation.
- Participate in accident investigations to explore and implement corrective actions to solve root causes.
- Act as a facility coordinator for all Federal, State, and local regulatory inspections.
- Monitor/audit EHS groups and advise as necessary throughout the plant.
- Remain current on information, legislation, and technical advances within EHS disciplines. Communicate requirements to all levels of management.
- Meet all EHS compliance objectives.
- Work with Maintenance/Facilities and key stakeholders on waste and recycling management.
- Build an EH&S culture that actively promotes safe behaviors and conditions, full environmental compliance, and good employee health.
- Oversee all safety training programs including those required by OSHA, EPA, DHS and DOT.
- Lead ergonomic initiatives to evaluate various functions and provide solutions to prevent and reduce incidents.
- Direct Job Hazard Analyses (JHA) by documenting JHA and Process Hazard Analyses (PHA) for new production areas or processes. Manage hazard control programs (engineering controls, administrative controls, and personal protective equipment), safe work procedures, hazard communication and MSDS programs.
- Maintain the industrial hygiene program to include monitoring for hazards such as noise, chemical and physical hazard exposures.
- Direct environmental compliance issues including non-hazardous waste management.
- Participates in project teams as needed to define safety and ergonomic issues with the introduction of new products or manufacturing processes. Understands and applies ergonomic principles to improve workstation efficiency and prevent injuries.
- Administers loss control management, accident reporting, investigations, records, and statistics management and return to work programs. Serves as a supplementary contact (including insurance providers, medical professionals, and associates) on worker's compensation claims.
- Customizes training presentations to ensure effectiveness and understanding for employees at all levels of the organization including production employees, professionals, technicians, and administrative personnel.
- Ensures all required regulatory/company training is completed throughout the facility including division offices and plant and is well documented.
- Effectively communicates to co-workers, suppliers, et al.; information, which they require to do their jobs. The communication must be clear and accomplished in a positive manner.
- Provides positive leadership and direction needed to accomplish the overall objectives of the position.
- Coaches and develops staff using objective assessment tools and provides timely feedback regarding performance.
- Recognizes and rewards results and behavior consistent with Precor standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned
YOU BRING TO PELOTON
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university and typically a minimum of 5 years’ experience or master’s degree with minimum two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 2 – 5 years minimum depending on education
- Preferred CSP (Certified Safety Professional) and/or CPE (Certified Professional Ergonomist), or technical degree with relevant experience.
- Results oriented, manufacturing process background.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the OSHA, EPA and DOT regulations. Experience in the interpretation of local and state environmental and safety standards.
- Demonstrated experience in the integration of EHS into the manufacturing process preferred.
- Management and leadership skills
- Environmental, Ergonomic and Safety regulations and use of related instrumentation and equipment. Worker’s Compensation claims management and return to work strategies
- Develop relationships with employees, supervisors, and management
- Identify, quantify, and resolve health, safety, and environmental hazards in a timely manner
- Develop strategies, action plans, and metrics to monitor results
- Create and facilitate safety training
- Effectively communicate safety hazards, regulations, and procedures (through oral and written communications)
- Use a variety of computer programs and systems, at an advanced level, including Microsoft and Google Docs
- Work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Must be able to travel.
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Light physical effort in an office environment
Peloton is the leading interactive fitness platform globally, with a passionate community of 7 million Members in the US, UK, Canada, Germany, and Australia. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that motivate its Members to commit to their fitness journeys. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, and best-in-class fitness experts and Instructors.
At Peloton, we motivate the world to live better. “Together We Go Far” means that we are greater than the sum of our parts, stronger collectively when each one of us is at our best. By combining hardware, software, content, retail, apparel, manufacturing, Member support, and so much more, we deliver an exhilarating fitness experience that unlocks our members' greatness. Join our team to unlock yours.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Founded in 2012, Peloton is a global interactive fitness platform that brings the energy and benefits of studio-style workouts to the convenience and comfort of home. We use technology and design to bring our Members immersive content through the Peloton Bike, the Peloton Tread, and Peloton Digital, which provide comprehensive, socially-connected fitness offerings anytime, anywhere. We believe in taking risks and challenging the status quo by continuously innovating and improving. Our team is made up of passionate brand ambassadors, and we know that together, we go far.
Be a Better Peloton Candidate
Learn skills and get an insider's look at Peloton when you watch classes taught by their top employees.
Want to learn more about Peloton? Visit Peloton's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.