What You'll Achieve
- Manage prosecution of pending patent applications; prepare and prosecute patent applications for new inventions.
- Work with engineers on the R&D team to capture invention disclosures.
- Review third party patents for impact on existing and new products as well as relevance to patent applications.
- Conduct intellectual property due diligence prior to potential acquisitions and contractual relationships.
- Manage outside counsel and maintain strong working relationship with USPTO.
- Oversee protection of trademarks and copyrights.
- Review and revise intellectual property protection and disclosure practices.
- Assist in resolution of intellectual property disputes and litigation.
- Negotiate and document intellectual property licensing arrangements.
- Provide pragmatic, business-oriented advice on the retention or acquisition of intellectual property rights.
- Communicative effectively, both in writing and verbally, with other departments and senior management to convey intellectual property strategy.
What You Bring
- J.D. and membership the California Bar or at least one other state’s bar and the ability to obtain registered in-house counsel status.
- Admission to practice before USPTO.
- Six plus years of relevant legal experience.
- Undergraduate degree in mechanical or biomedical engineering preferred.
- Ability to process a high volume of work and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with medical devices strongly preferred, ideally with those used in vascular and endovascular procedures.
- Software engineering or computer science background a plus.
- Demonstrated managerial and interpersonal skills with a “can-do” attitude.
What We Offer
- A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant and performance is rewarded.
- The opportunity to be at the forefront of technology that is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most devastating diseases.
- A generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; a 401(k) match; and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
PENUMBRA TODAY Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on interventional therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures and markets innovative devices and has a broad portfolio of products that addresses challenging medical conditions and significant clinical needs across two major markets, neuro and peripheral vascular. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.
Want to learn more about Penumbra? Visit Penumbra's website.
Jobs You May Like
Knotel, Knotel NYC