What You'll Achieve
- Assist in evaluating the current state of Penumbra’s overall security strategy and posture
- Develop and implement security techniques and tools to improve Penumbra’s security posture, and then maintain those techniques and tools. Techniques and tools range from endpoint security, MFA, intrusion detection and prevention, incident response, security incident and event management (SIEM) tools such as Splunk, encryption, data leak prevention, vulnerability management, and file integrity management
- Translate the security strategy into a risk-based framework
- Keep current on the evolving cybersecurity landscape in areas such as, but not limited to, identity management, endpoint security, incident response, vulnerabilities, security breaches or malicious attacks
- Conduct regular audits and assessments to help identify vulnerabilities.
- Own the strategy and road map of automated dashboards for security KPIs that will be visible to Penumbra leadership
- Create, implement, and update security policies, procedures and standards based on industry standards
- Lead security-related projects and work streams
- Ensure that controls are adequate to protect sensitive information systems
- Document and define risks and potential impacts, and identify systems affected by the defined risk
- Assist in identifying breaches in the company’s security, tracking the source of any unauthorized intrusion
- Keep executive management up to date on the results of vulnerability and risk assessments and make recommendations on how to improve Penumbra’s overall security risk posture.
What You Bring
- A passion for technology and the desire to tackle complex problems with creative solutions
- 5+ years of overall experience in IT Security and Risk as an Analyst
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant IT Security controls
- Experience writing security policies, procedures and standards
- Ability to successfully partner with cross-functional internal partners
- Ability to translate security techno-speak into terms business can understand, including what the business value of security technology brings
- Understanding of and willingness to learn about diverse business functions
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to work well in dynamic, fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Relevant Security, Risk or technical certification(s), a plus (ex. CISSP, Security+, etc.)
What We Offer
- A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant and performance is rewarded.
- The opportunity to be at the forefront of technology that is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most devastating diseases.
- A generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; a 401(k) match; and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
PENUMBRA TODAY Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on interventional therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures and markets innovative devices and has a broad portfolio of products that addresses challenging medical conditions and significant clinical needs across two major markets, neuro and peripheral vascular. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.
Want to learn more about Penumbra? Visit Penumbra's website.
Jobs You May Like
The Democratic Party
Data Community Analyst / Customer Success
The Democratic Party, Remote