What You'll Work On
- Overseeing all Legal aspects of buy-side and sell-side commercial transactions, including assessment of related risks, streamlining of the contracting process and management of related systems integrations.
- Supervising a team of contract managers, specialists, and administrators in their contract drafting, review, and negotiations.
- Providing pragmatic, business-oriented advice to key department stakeholders in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Drafting, negotiating and overseeing a range of buy-side commercial agreements including SaaS and managed services, software licenses, master services agreements and data processing agreements.
- Drafting, negotiating and overseeing a range of sell-side agreements with hospitals, GPOs and similar entities, including pricing, consignment and master purchasing agreements
- Addressing issues related to data privacy and security, both in the US and internationally.
- Helping to shape the continuous improvement of contract templates and playbooks.
- Utilize your keen analytical skills to develop creative solutions to problems.
- Communicative effectively, both in writing and orally, to convey legal issues and possible outcomes.
What You Bring
- J.D. and membership with the California Bar, or at least one other state’s bar and the ability to obtain registered in-house counsel status.
- 8-10 years of relevant legal experience required with at least 4 years experience drafting and negotiating commercial contracts in-house.
- Experience in advising clients and/or internal business departments on FDA regulations and healthcare compliance-related issues, including Anti-Kickback Statute, False Claims Act, and current FDA and OIG Guidance.
- Proven ability to plan, organize, monitor, and execute department initiatives and projects.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with a “can-do” attitude.
- Proactive, strategic and thoughtful problem-solving ability.
What We Offer
- A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant and performance is rewarded.
- The opportunity to be at the forefront of technology that is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most devastating diseases.
- A generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; a 401(k) match; and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
PENUMBRA TODAY Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on interventional therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures and markets innovative devices and has a broad portfolio of products that addresses challenging medical conditions and significant clinical needs across two major markets, neuro and peripheral vascular. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.