What You'll Achieve
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Penumbra infrastructure hardware and software computing environment by monitoring system performance, configuration, maintenance and repair. Apply revisions to host system firmware and software.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues as they arise. Lead problem-solving efforts with internal team members and outside vendors.
- Develop new system and application implementation plans, custom scripts and testing procedures to ensure operational reliability.
- Establish guidelines and methods for the installation and management of the host computer operating systems, NAS, backup/recovery services and other components.
- Ensure high availability and acceptable levels of performance of mission critical host computer resources.
- Develop procedures to maintain security and protect systems from unauthorized use, acts of nature and user abuse.
- Develops tools, procedures, and training/coaching sessions for Client Support and Applications Development staff to assist with work.
- Stay current with technological developments in systems administration technology, recommending ways for Penumbra IT to take advantage of new innovations.
- Provide after hours on-call support on a rotation schedule with other team members.
What You Bring
- A natural affinity for solving technical problems and implementing creative solutions.
- The ability to communicate complex technical information to business users at all levels, both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and document complex system design activities and configure systems to be consistent with institutional policies and procedures.
- A Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science, or a related field
- Seven years or more of enterprise level systems administration and or engineering experience, at least five of which include supporting Microsoft technologies (MS Windows Server, ADDS/AAD, ADFS, DNS, DHCP, PowerShell, SCOM; Azure IaaS/PaaS; MS Office 365 ( EOL, One Drive, Skype for Business, Sharepoint, MS Teams); Linux system administration; Cisco UCS hardware administration; VMware concepts; NAS/SAN administration.
What We Offer
- A collaborative teamwork environment where learning and growth are constant.
- The opportunity to be at the forefront of technology that is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most devastating diseases.
- A generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; a 401(k) match; and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
PENUMBRA TODAY Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on interventional therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures and markets innovative devices and has a broad portfolio of products that addresses challenging medical conditions and significant clinical needs across two major markets, neuro and peripheral vascular. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.