How You'll Contribute, What You'll Achieve
- You will begin by building strong relationships with managers and employees in your assigned departments.
- Coach and advise managers on employee relations, performance reviews, compensation, and compliance.
- Investigate and help resolve employee relations issues by providing guidance and recommendations to employees and managers.
- Provide input to senior management and HR team in suggesting, developing and implementing solutions and new approaches.
- Work with managers and the recruiting team to identify future resource needs. Participate in candidate interviewing and selection.
- Evaluate and provide recommendations regarding compensation structures, FLSA classifications, and job descriptions.
- Conduct exit interviews with departing employees; assess trends and make recommendations.
- Produce reports, metrics, and insights as needed.
- Lead special projects and initiatives.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are aligned with legal requirements and best practices.
What You Bring
- An understanding of organizational development and what constitutes a high-performance work culture.
- Bachelor's degree and at least one year of Human Resources experience.
- A passion for coaching managers and team members to reach and exceed their potential.
- Demonstrated ability to resolve conflicts and manage both routine and non-routine issues.
- Ability to use sound judgment and diplomacy in dealing with highly confidential issues.
- Strong knowledge of federal, state and local employment laws and regulations.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and details simultaneously, move issues through to completion, and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Hands-on experience working with HRIS and time and attendance systems.
- Experience in a regulated manufacturing environment is a plus.
What We Offer
- A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant and performance is rewarded.
- The opportunity to be part of the team whose technology is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most devastating diseases.
- A generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; a 401(k) match; and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
PENUMBRA TODAY Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on interventional therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures and markets innovative devices and has a broad portfolio of products that addresses challenging medical conditions and significant clinical needs across two major markets, neuro and peripheral vascular. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.