How You'll Contribute; What You'll Achieve
- Build strong relationships with managers and employees for assigned functional areas. Work with all levels of management and staff to develop and implement solutions.
- Select, train, and coach team members, coordinating workload, providing ongoing feedback, and offering opportunities for career development.
- In collaboration with company leaders and HR management team, research, design, and implement HR programs and policies in both U.S. and international locations.
- Understand resource needs, skills, and local country requirements and practices. Provide leadership and guidance on domestic and global HR needs to business leaders and managers regarding employee life cycle, change management, and communication.
- Support functional management teams in the identification and assessment of employee strengths and development opportunities.
- Provide independent guidance and direction to managers regarding performance management, disciplinary action, and termination.
- Evaluate, investigate, and resolve routine to complex complaints and employee relations issues. Resolve work related conflicts and business conduct violations.
- Lead compensation evaluation, ensuring that policies, procedures and practices are in compliance with legal requirements.
- Make operational improvements to HR programs and processes.
What You Bring
- A passion for organizational effectiveness and employee satisfaction.
- A strong track record of building and managing high-performing teams and individuals.
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years of HR experience, at least three of which include managing people and teams. Master's degree and/or HR certification a plus.
- Demonstrated skills in managing complex employee relations situations and investigations; coaching, training and development. Ability to give and receive constructive feedback and support the resolution of problems and challenges at all organizational levels.
- Broad understanding of performance management, compensation and benefit programs needed.
- Solid knowledge of international HR practices and U.S./California regulations; understanding of key global HR trends.
- Experience with global HR projects, mergers and acquisitions, strongly preferred.
- A proven record of driving projects to completion, thinking critically, making sound judgments, and maintaining strict confidentiality.
- Strong presentation, oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills are also required.
- A big-picture perspective coupled with a hands-on approach.
- Experience in the medical device, biotechnology, or health care industries preferred.
- Facility with HRIS and time management systems required
What We Offer
- A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant and performance is rewarded.
- The opportunity to be part of the team whose technology is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most devastating diseases.
- A generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; a 401(k) match; and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
PENUMBRA TODAY Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on interventional therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures and markets innovative devices and has a broad portfolio of products that addresses challenging medical conditions and significant clinical needs across two major markets, neuro and peripheral vascular. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.