How You'll Contribute; What You'll Achieve
- Work under the direction of the Game QA Lead to provide test support for two dozen experienced game designers, artists, and engineers.
- Perform daily smoke tests of game builds, using the build computer and the install scripts..
- Run through and write test plans for existing and new features. Become familiar with the project design by closely reading project documentation and reaching out regularly to our team of game developers.
- Verify that identified bugs are fixed in the database.
- Identify and bug new issues that occur in the HMD and tablet interface.
- Build on your own fundamental QA skills by learning the specifics of game development QA for mobile devices, VR headsets, and experimental technology.
- Engage in continuous improvement of the QA process. Think critically about basically everything. Be able to take “no” for an answer.
- Provide assistance with other studio tasks as needed.
What You Bring
- The #1 qualification is positive-energy and a can-do enthusiasm for project quality.
- At least 1 year/1 shipped project in mobile, console, or PC gaming, or software QA.
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to interact with team members at all levels.
- Familiarity with at least one bug database program and standard office software (Word, Excel, Outlook.)
- Ability to quickly pick up new technical skills, such as troubleshooting sensors, learning to use uncommon software like ADB or Sixense Device Tool, and configuring network connections on fussy routers.
What We Offer
- A collaborative teamwork environment where learning and growth are constant.
- A human-scale game company with no mandatory overtime or weekend hours, no second-class team members, and no QA dungeon.
- The opportunity to be at the forefront of new technology that is transforming healthcare and saving lives.
- A generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; a 401(k) match; and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
PENUMBRA TODAY Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on interventional therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures and markets innovative devices and has a broad portfolio of products that addresses challenging medical conditions and significant clinical needs across two major markets, neuro and peripheral vascular. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.
Want to learn more about Penumbra? Visit Penumbra's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Computer Vision Algorithm Engineer
Magic Leap, Inc., Tel Aviv, Israel, Toronto, ON, Zurich, Switzerland, Plantation, FL (HQ), Culver City, CA, Sunnyvale, CA