What You’ll Work On:
- Independently manage day to day project activity for both R&D technical development and cross-functional design control efforts with high level guidance.
- Autonomously lead teams through design, prototyping, and optimization of meaningful medical devices that revolutionize treatment paradigms for a variety of challenging disease states.
- Strategize to guide teams through origination of comprehensive documentation packages that contain CAD drawings, product specifications, risk analysis, test protocols, test reports, studies, work instructions, etc adherent to our quality system.
- Serve as a trustworthy resource who can positively influence and guide junior engineers of varying disciplines through technical and documentation challenges with a focus on their growth, both within and outside of direct reporting structure.
- Coordinate and form lasting relationships with suppliers and other external resources to source components and refine component specifications.
- Collate and distill clinical data from physicians and other medical professionals into comprehensive product specifications to drive superior product performance.
- Develop clinically relevant benchtop models to simulate complex anatomy and disease states.
- Investigate and vet novel technologies and incorporate them into innovative designs.
What You Bring
- A passion and knack for solving hands-on and multi-disciplinary technical design problems preferred
- A portfolio demonstrating strong engineering acumen and mechanical intuition preferred
- The ability to communicate complex issues in a clear and compelling manner, both in writing and orally preferred
- Refined soft skills that allow you to lead up and lead down inside and outside of formal reporting structure preferred
- A high level of organization with the ability to navigate multiple tasks with competing priority preferred
- 5+ years of industry experience, medical device experience desired but not required
- 1+ years of demonstrated highly effective direct personnel management desired, but not required
What We Offer
- A collaborative teamwork environment that fosters constant learning and skillset growth
- Pioneering work which places you at the forefront of medical technology
- A generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; a 401(k) match; and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan https://www.mybenefitsnow.com/penumbra/faq
- Convenient access to public transportation with shuttle service to BART
- On campus gym with a variety of on-site fitness classes
- Proximity to the Alameda waterfront, and easy access to downtown Alameda
PENUMBRA TODAY Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on interventional therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures and markets innovative devices and has a broad portfolio of products that addresses challenging medical conditions and significant clinical needs across two major markets, neuro and peripheral vascular. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.
Want to learn more about Penumbra? Visit Penumbra's website.
Palantir builds software that connects data, technologies, humans and environments.
Jobs You May Like
Principal Software Engineer - Cloud Infrastructure