What You'll Work On:
- Develop, improve and maintain sound leave and workers’ compensation processes, ensuring effective communications with all stakeholders as well as compliance with relevant regulations.
- Serve as the liaison with employees and between team members in Benefits, Payroll, Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S), workers compensation vendor, treating physicians and supervisor, as it related to workers’ compensation and leaves management.
- Meet with HR Generalists and managers/supervisors to evaluate and discuss concerns, coordinate leaves and work restrictions, and evaluate requirements with managers of return to work restrictions and processes.
- Explain and present applicable workers compensation, disability, leave policies, and processes to employees and supervisors/managers.
- Administer, track and report out leaves of absence to include medical disability, FMLA/CFRA, PDL, USERRA, personal, etc.
- Manage appropriate, compliant documentation and generate related correspondence as required for leaves and work restrictions to employees and disability provider.
- Oversee and manage claims reviews. Administer, track and report out workers compensation to include coordination of claims, maintaining files, and through closure of claims. This requires regular, proactive interactions with claims adjustors, insurance carriers and providers.
- Coordinate and manage job duty evaluations and make recommendations to EH&S with concerns about workplace injuries and preventions. Participate on Safety Team.
- Update and maintain employees status in HRIS database and employee health files.
- Prepare and analyze reports and ensure preparations for policy renewals, and escalate issues and concerns, as needed.
What You Bring:
- Bachelor's degree plus 3+ years of experience in the HR field or in a related areas and 2+ years of experience in managing leaves of absences and workers’ compensation
- Demonstrated knowledge of HR regulations, particularly related to LOAs and workers’ compensation.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, conflict resolution and coaching skills
- Able to use sound judgment and diplomacy in dealing with highly confidential issues
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills and ability to deal with competing priorities
- Ability to work independently, consistently follow-up with client groups and vendors and follow through on commitments and meet deadlines
- Proficient understanding and knowledge of Microsoft Office products including but not limited to Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Skype and Outlook
- Previous HRIS experience required and understanding of time management systems
- Manufacturing or medical device industry experience preferred
What We Offer:
- A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant and performance is rewarded.
- The opportunity to be part of the team whose technology is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most devastating diseases.
- A generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; a 401(k) match; and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
PENUMBRA TODAY Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on interventional therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures and markets innovative devices and has a broad portfolio of products that addresses challenging medical conditions and significant clinical needs across two major markets, neuro and peripheral vascular. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.
Want to learn more about Penumbra? Visit Penumbra's website.
Brewing up the future, today.