What You Will Do
- Review employee concerns and conduct prompt, impartial, and confidential workplace investigations in response to a range of employee relations concerns, misconduct, unlawful behavior and/or violations of Company policy in compliance with federal/local law and Company policies and procedures.
- Use effective interviewing and documentation techniques and maintain privilege of investigations through coordination with the Legal team.
- Synthesize relevant documents and data to provide reports and recommendations for appropriate remediation or other corrective action.
- Analyze employee relations trends with business leaders and HR teams to help develop proactive strategies and solutions.
- Provide critical input into the formation, application, and revision of policies, guidelines, programs, and education, such as the Company’s harassment program.
- Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
What YOU BRING
- Bachelor’s degree and at least ten years of HR or employment law experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five or more years of proven performance and analytical skills in conducting and/or managing investigations and/or practicing labor and employment law.
- Working knowledge of employment laws and regulations.
- Recent experience/knowledge of California state and local employment law, in addition to that of other states is required. Experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills, both oral and written, coupled with the ability to discuss difficult issues with candor, compassion, and kindness, regardless of level.
- Self-motivated individual with a strong work ethic who is adept at balancing competing priorities and remains professional, nimble, and discreet while managing information of a confidential nature.
- Process-driven person with experience hiring and developing teams and creating best practices.
- Flexibility to conduct investigation outside of standard business hours if required (i.e., if an allegation arises on a later shift).
- Beyond main work location, ability to travel to other facilities up to fifteen percent of the time.
What WE OFFER
- A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant, and performance is rewarded.
- The opportunity to be part of the business that is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most devastating diseases. A generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; a 401(k) match; and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
PENUMBRA TODAY Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on interventional therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures and markets innovative devices and has a broad portfolio of products that addresses challenging medical conditions and significant clinical needs across two major markets, neuro and peripheral vascular. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.
Want to learn more about Penumbra? Visit Penumbra's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid