What You'll Work On:
- You will begin by building strong relationships with managers and employees in your assigned departments.
- Partner with and provide input to the functional management and HR team in suggesting, developing and implementing solutions for assigned departments and functional areas
- Coach and advise managers on employee relations, performance reviews, compensation, and compliance.
- Evaluate, investigate and resolve routine to complex employee relation issues.
- Provide guidance and recommendations to help resolve work related conflicts or business conduct violations, as well as prepare and present reports and engages in evaluation with management and legal.
- Guide the performance review process in assigned functional areas, including reviewing performance reviews and continuously improving the performance review program.
- Partner with managers on their future job and resource needs, including reviewing job descriptions, FLSA exceptions, job revisions and organizational structures.
- Work with the recruiting team to identify future resource needs. Participate in candidate interviewing and selection.
- Provide guidance on contingent workforce practices (temporary employees and consultants ensuring proper classifications and limiting co-employment).
- Work closely with HR colleagues to support leaves of absences, Workers’ Compensation, and benefits administration.
- Lead HR projects, including affirmative action plans, training, and new initiatives.
- Manage, analyze and provide metrics and HR reports as needed.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are aligned with legal requirements and best practices.
What You Bring:
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3+ years of experience in a human resources role with 2+ years of generalist experience supporting and guiding departments.
- Solid knowledge of federal, state and local laws and current regulations; ability to apply knowledge and consult internally with management, legal and other HR practitioners.
- Ability to use sound judgment and diplomacy in dealing with highly confidential issues.
- Must possess organizational and project management skills; ability to deal with competing priorities with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work proactively and independently, consistently follow-up and follow through on commitments with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work positively in a team environment.
- Must be able to facilitate and conduct presentations in small or large group settings.
- Proficient understanding and knowledge of Microsoft Office products including but not limited to Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Skype and Outlook.
- Previous hands on experience working with HRIS and time management systems strongly preferred.
- Manufacturing or medical device industry experience preferred.
What We Offer:
- A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant and performance is rewarded.
- The opportunity to be part of the team whose technology is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most devastating diseases.
- A generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; a 401(k) match; and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
PENUMBRA TODAY Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on interventional therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures and markets innovative devices and has a broad portfolio of products that addresses challenging medical conditions and significant clinical needs across two major markets, neuro and peripheral vascular. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.
Want to learn more about Penumbra? Visit Penumbra's website.
A membership platform that makes it easy for artists and creators to get paid