What You'll Accomplish
- Support month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing and audit activities, including projects related to inventory and cost.
- Team up with Operations to review inventory to ensure appropriate reserve, usage adjustment, and timely disposition.
- Collaborate with the Finance team to resolve inventory discrepancies.
- Complete month end journal entries, reconciling balance sheet accounts, and analyzing variances.
- Complete Financial Statement analysis, including Balance Sheet & Income Statement.
- Review SOX controls to ensure adherence of internal controls and ensure process integrity within Cost/Inventory and work with team members to resolve process issues and implement process improvements.
- Perform standard cost review on a quarterly basis and work closely with Operations to justify standard cost changes, and provide impact analysis for review and approval.
- Partner with the Operations team on inventory costing processes and inputs.
- Maintain the accuracy of inventory costs and ensure that all inventory reporting requirements are satisfied.
- Monitor all transactions involving inventory to ensure the perpetual inventory records are maintained.
What You Bring
- The desire to be part of great company whose technology is saving lives every day.
- A love of data and a passion for tracking process costs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field, and 5 – 7 years of accounting experience
- A strong understanding of Cost Accounting theory.
- Strong financial analysis skills, and the ability make relevant recommendations.
- Outstanding oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency with Excel and Word.
- Experience within the manufacturing or life sciences industries preferred.
What We Offer
- A collaborative teamwork environment where learning is constant and performance is rewarded.
- The opportunity to be part of the team that is revolutionizing the treatment of some of the world's most devastating diseases.
- A generous benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, and life insurance; a 401(k) match; and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
PENUMBRA TODAY Penumbra, Inc., headquartered in Alameda, California, is a global healthcare company focused on interventional therapies. Penumbra designs, develops, manufactures and markets innovative devices and has a broad portfolio of products that addresses challenging medical conditions and significant clinical needs across two major markets, neuro and peripheral vascular. Penumbra sells its products to hospitals primarily through its direct sales organization in the United States, most of Europe, Canada and Australia, and through distributors in select international markets. The Penumbra logo is a trademark of Penumbra, Inc.
Want to learn more about Penumbra? Visit Penumbra's website.
Jobs You May Like
Inventory Coordinator- UK
Enjoy, Enfield, London
Business Systems Administrator, Regulatory Systems
Bluebird Bio, Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States