Senior Software Engineer (Backend)
At Sisense San Francisco, backend engineers work on a variety of things - from making services go faster to optimizing the billions of rows flowing through our data pipelines.
We're constantly making SQL faster and analytics more powerful. You'll be working on server-side technologies: from Go and Java microservices to automation that manages giant database clusters
How You'll Ramp:
- First day: you'll ship new code to production
- First week: you'll build at least one impactful feature
- First month: you'll write code for backend microservices and improve performance
- First 6 months: you'll rebuild a major piece of the stack to support our ever-increasing scale
What You've Accomplished So Far:
- You write clean code. You have loads of evidence of all the code you write and ship.
- You have built distributed systems using Golang and/or Java
- You have experience with a variety of databases such as Postgres, Redshift, Snowflake, Aurora, RDS, etc.
- You have a good understanding of event-driven architecture, message buses such as RabbitMQ, Kafka
- You know how to scale systems as well as identify and resolve performance bottlenecks
- You have at least a hobbyist-level relationship with data. You find that moment when a datapoint makes you say "hmmm..." to be delightful.
- You're excited to pitch in wherever the team needs help, from writing blog posts to supporting customers
- You enjoy working in a kind, collaborative environment and mentor team members when needed
Recent Engineering Projects:
- Auto-ETLing entire customer databases into our data cache while targeting < 1hr freshness on all customer data
- Implementing cross-database query translation and cross-database joins
- Handling permissions for millions of objects using a granular role-based permissions system while providing extremely fast response times
- Improving chart render speed by over 100X by reimplementing on top of Canvas instead of SVG
Our most important feature is our phenomenal development speed. We deploy to production an average of 2 times per day. Much of this is cultural, and much of it is investing in anything that will reduce drag on the team, like fully automated testing, one-click test-and-deploys, as well as comprehensive monitoring and alerting.
If you learn quickly and have that get-stuff-done attitude, we'd love to talk to you!
About Periscope Data
Periscope Data brings data teams and their stakeholders onto a single, unified platform. Our platform gives data professionals full control over the analytics lifecycle — including ingestion, storage, analysis, visualization and reporting — and non-technical users the ability to drill down into the data to quickly answer questions. With Periscope Data, teams can move faster, make better decisions, and support successful business outcomes. We’re here to create a more data-driven world, where everyone can understand and unlock the full potential of their data.
Want to learn more about Periscope Data? Visit Periscope Data's website.
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Customer Centric Engineer (Senior/ Staff/ Principal)
Okta, San Jose, CA, United States or Bellevue, WA, United States
Paid Acquisiton Manager 渠道推广经理