Perpetua's mission is to give superpowers to anyone that sells online. At the moment, we help media agencies, brands, and Amazon sellers win on Amazon by analyzing large amounts of data and using AI to develop smart optimization algorithms that drive transformational sales growth.
As a software engineer with a data science focus, you will be responsible for developing the strategies and models that power our customers' ad campaigns. This includes monitoring experiments and processing large amounts of data that drive results to customers in real time. You will build scalable infrastructure and data pipelines to deliver a platform unparalleled in the advertising space using Python (Pandas, SciPy Stack), Google BigQuery, and Dataflow.
What You'll Do
- Interact with Product Managers to translate customer business requirements into technical specifications.
- Partner with software engineers on common areas of scalability, data quality management, data delivery management and performance optimization.
- Track success criteria, communicate results with senior leaders, support adhoc requests, bridge technical and business program metrics
- Design and implement metrics, data storage, and reporting mechanisms
- Analyze customer data in order to improve the core strategies that power Perpetua’s advertising engine
- Develop core features for Perpetua’s backend infrastructure
- Work on advertising algorithms and large scale data pipelines
- Work in a fast-paced, scaling start-up building software that is truly impactful
What You'll Have
- Degree in Computer/Software Engineering or Computer Science
- 3+ Years of Software Engineering Experience
- 2+ Years of Data Science Experience
- Proficient in Python (Pandas, SciPy Stack); Google BigQuery and Dataflow a plus
- A design thinking methodology coupled with quick and independent decision-making
- Ability to solve problems in new and innovative ways
- Self starter who takes initiative; owning a project from start to finish
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- The ability to communicate complex technical issues in a clear and concise manner
- Flexibility to adjust to changing priorities, requirements, and schedules
- Experience working in a fast-paced, agile environment
- Ability to understand the big picture
Bonus Points For
- Previous experience with a fast scaling start-up
- Experience with B2B or business insights and analytics
- Master's Degree in Computer/Software Engineering or Computer Science
- Relevant personal projects and open source work
- Experience in the marketing or advertising space
- Experience with PyTorch and/or Keras
- Impactful work that will help lay the foundation for future projects
- Meaningful equity at an early stage company
- Ground floor opportunity
- Paid-for meals
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Full benefits plus a health spending account
- Top of the line technology to help you build your own workspace
- Flexible time off policy
At Perpetua, we are dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce with varied experiences, perspectives and opinions. We believe diversity helps our team perform better and enables us to build an outstanding product for our customers. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
About Perpetua Labs
Perpetua is building a digital growth engine for e-commerce. To date, we've taken several Amazon products from $0 to well over $1 Million and we're growing quickly.