Perpetua's mission is to give superpowers to anyone that sells online. People around the world including agencies, brands, and marketplace sellers use us to grow their e-commerce business with our category-defining product.
As the VP of Engineering at Perpetua, you will lead the the engineering team to ship quickly, reliably, and raise the ceiling of what we can do as a team. We are seeking candidates with direct exposure and experience growing & managing startup teams and who have seen 10x scale up.
We are builders -- so if you have any work that's publicly viewable (e.g. a github profile) we'd love for you to share it with us.
Our philosophy is to pick the right tool for each job, and enable talented engineers to own the technical decision making and learn fast when things break. We use this approach to solve a wide range of technical problems from building ai-powered growth engines, to building 10+TB data scale, to building integrations with other software platforms all while keeping the product simple and intuitive to our users.
Our backend and analytics are in Python and our frontend is React/Redux written in Typescript. We believe strongly in cloud infrastructure as a way to deliver value quickly and continuously, and use the Google Cloud stack including AppEngine, BigQuery and Dataflow. We’re already transforming the way businesses approach e-commerce and online advertising and we’re ready to grow.
What You'll Do:
- Be an iconic engineer, lead by example
- Be a force multiplier for the engineers
- Be a great manager to >10 top tier engineers to support, coach, grow, learn, and level up
- Be hands on. Roll up sleeves & jump in building on the frontend and/or backend decisions, trade offs, code reviews, release process
- Be curious and experiment. Design, architect, test and build new ideas for our product
- Be a great communicator. Help define and refine the product vision, customer needs, and roadmap and over communicate it to the engineering team at large. Help define technical vision and communicate it to the entire company. Build high bandwidth bridges with the sales, marketing, and customer success teams.
What You'll Have
- >= 1 Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- >5 Years of Software Engineering Experience
- >2 Years managing at least 5 people
- Bonus points for ML experience
- Bonus points for B2B SaaS experience
- Significant equity
- Paid-for meals
- Company backed by many of best VCs in world
- Full benefits plus a health spending account
- Flexible time off policy
We are dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce with varied experiences, perspectives and opinions. We believe diversity helps our team perform better and enables us to build an outstanding product for our customers. We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.
About Perpetua Labs
Perpetua is building a digital growth engine for e-commerce. To date, we've taken several Amazon products from $0 to well over $1 Million and we're growing quickly.
Want to learn more about Perpetua Labs? Visit Perpetua Labs's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.