Piggy - Investment App for Indians
We are democratising finance and financial advice, bringing it within reach of millions of Indians. Like in most pressing problems in India, there has always been great success in solving them through strong initiative and really smart technology. Piggy is a step in that direction where every Indian will have the power to plan for their financial future and in turn be a step closer to achieving their goals and aspirations.
This is a challenging problem that will require a collective of brilliant individuals with a strong vision of creating an impact, working as team to solve it. We are looking for such exceptional individuals. We put customer experience and great product design at the heart of everything we do. We are looking for people who also believe in the same.
Our vision is shared by Y Combinator, our investor, which is one of the foremost accelerators in the world.
We look forward for you to be a part of our exciting journey in creating a lasting impact on millions of people.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Starting from customers first - understand requirements, formulate use cases and come up with effective solutions.
• Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions.
• Be involved and drive product and design discussions.
• And, most importantly, brainstorm and create new directions that Piggy
can take in our quest to make personal investments easiest and accessible to all.
• Deep understanding of backend technologies, scalability and handling servers.
• Should be able to mentor and lead team of developers.
Desired Skills and Experience
• 4+ industry experience.
• Strong at coding and problem solving
• Strong knowledge and understanding of Algorithms.
• A strong software design sense.
• Working knowledge of Python and Django.
• Good understanding of REST APIs and the web in general.
• Ability to build a feature from scratch and drive it to completion.
• A willingness to learn new technology, whatever lets you deliver the best product.
Apart from these, we also expect the following, but we accept that you can be an absolutely great developer without fulfilling the below. So go ahead and apply even if the following aren’t applicable.
• Likes to play around with new technologies.
• Have contributed to an open source project.
• Have worked at a product company.
• Have Working knowledge of multiple programming languages