The Piktochart team is looking for 3 passionate user interface designers who are able to combine insights from users to produce mockups while aspiring to greater heights in visual design.
Piktochart is a creative playground for a seasoned UI designer - we have multiple components from a dashboard, editor with toolbar, charts and are in the midst of rolling out more features and products, which offers a lot of variety! Some of the highlights include facelifting (a user interface revamp to better represent our brand) and working on features like collaboration which also has complex interactions between members which need to be carefully tackled to serve the enterprise market. We are working towards delivering a beautifully crafted interface with the motto of “Don’t make me think.”
In terms of working processes and resources, we offer a lot of flexibility - the designers can initiate or propose changes to the system or ways to creatively come together towards a solution.
Your mission :
- Collaborate with the team to define and implement innovative solutions for the direction and user experience of the product in the form of UI flows, visual mock-ups, prototypes and clear design specifications.
- Work directly with the project team to shape ideas and create wireframes, prototypes, flow charts, site maps and so on, in order to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas.
- Explore and study effective UI designs, trends, best practices when it comes to interactions, animations, layouts etc.
- Design beautiful, intuitive interfaces for our web app interface, while adhering to our branding and design guidelines. You’re also welcome to challenge the existing brand outlines!
- Conduct user research on versions of prototype evaluate user feedback on usability of the design.
You offer :
- At least 3 years professional experience as a UI designer, preferably on web applications.
- Passion for all aspects of user interface design and a keen eye for details.
- Proficiency in sketchapp as well as wireframing and prototyping tools such as Balsamiq and Invision.
- Passion for designing products with simple, intuitive experiences that delight customers.
- Good understanding of user-centered design principles to effectively improve usability of a product.
- Experience with the Responsive Design methodology
- Plus point if you have experience in front end programming with HTML/CSS, Bootstrap/Foundation or any other frameworks. Also, mobile app application design or micro interaction design.
- Speak good English
In your portfolio, we'll be looking for:
- Your creativity in creating beautiful UI designs by leveraging advanced knowledge of UCD, UX and design patterns.
- Penang, Malaysia
- Work with the team in HQ office
Who are we?
We are transforming the visual storytelling space by delivering an effortless user experience in creating beautiful, professional grade visuals. By pushing the limits of what’s possible in technology and taking time to understand our users, Piktochart has empowered over 10 million users worldwide to visually communicate in ways that were not possible before!
The team that is behind Piktochart consists of 14 nationalities spread across 8 countries. Pair programming, mentorship, code reviews and group learning all form part of our daily lives and we consider it a privilege to continuously learn. The HOPEFUL values define our culture and inform our actions and decisions.
Our Story How we grew into what we are today. How did it begin? It all started in 2011 when Ai Ching and Andrea founded Yet Another Studio, a graphic design agency based in Penang, an exotic Malaysian island known for its rich variety of food and incredible heritage sites. They quickly realized “infographics" has become a buzzword, and that anyone who was serious about their content strategy or hungry to make their communication visually attractive would probably look into creating one eventually. From 4 people working day and night in a small Penang-based warehouse, our first do-it-yourself infographic platform was born. Now, we’re 48 months in, serving over 5 million users, and growing every single day. Every time marketers drive more visits to their website, teachers engage and spark interest in their students, children create stunning presentations for their assignments and nonprofits spread awareness of their noble causes, we get extra energy boosts to keep evolving and bringing even greater tools to the world. To you.