We are a small team passionate about everything backend, using a variety of technologies to bring a stable and high-performance experience to our users. We are looking for someone that shares the same passion and vision to create and innovate and has a “thing” for automation.
Your primary focus will be development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end. You will also be responsible for integrating the front-end elements built by your teammates into the application.
What you will be working on:
- Design, build, maintain and innovate with a focus on Maintainability, Readability, Efficiency, Reusability, Reliability of our production code or internal tools
- Analyze software performance and perform system/code optimization
- Integrate user facing elements developed by front end developers with server side
- Integrate external services and resources into applications
- Implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
Your superpowers include:
- 3+ years working on web applications built on Ruby OR Golang
- Have previous experience with Mysql OR with other data stores such as Redis, Elasticsearch, Postgres.
- Experience in implementing robust set of services with RESTful APIs to power web applications
- Experience with cloud platforms, high-availability systems, data indexing, automated testing.
- Bonus points if you are familiar with Python and nodejs.
- Enthusiastic about collaborating in a small team and inter-disciplinary environment
- You must be a self-starter and open to receive feedback.
- You should be self-motivated to build great products and achieve excellence.
Who are we?
The close-knit team behind Piktochart brings you a web application that empowers people who cannot design to create visual content. Some of our users include educators from Harvard, product managers at Google, Starwood Hotels, PWC and many non-profit organizations, freelancers and entrepreneurs. They use Piktochart based on our ability to help them design a compelling story. Piktochart started out with our faith and family as our foundation. We love what we do and our users, and constantly try to get better at our craft!
Our Story How we grew into what we are today. How did it begin? It all started in 2011 when Ai Ching and Andrea founded Yet Another Studio, a graphic design agency based in Penang, an exotic Malaysian island known for its rich variety of food and incredible heritage sites. They quickly realized “infographics" has become a buzzword, and that anyone who was serious about their content strategy or hungry to make their communication visually attractive would probably look into creating one eventually. From 4 people working day and night in a small Penang-based warehouse, our first do-it-yourself infographic platform was born. Now, we’re 48 months in, serving over 5 million users, and growing every single day. Every time marketers drive more visits to their website, teachers engage and spark interest in their students, children create stunning presentations for their assignments and nonprofits spread awareness of their noble causes, we get extra energy boosts to keep evolving and bringing even greater tools to the world. To you.
Want to learn more about Piktochart? Visit Piktochart's website.
Jobs You May Like
Second Spectrum, Los Angeles, CA
Senior Technical Program Manager, Developer Education
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
IT Support Engineer
Software Engineer - Android
Highfive, Redwood City
Senior Backend Engineer - API Platform
Wealthfront, Redwood City, CA
Senior Front End Engineer
LiveRamp, San Francisco, CA