We are a small team passionate about everything backend, using a variety of technologies to bring a stable and high-performance experience to our users. We are looking for someone that shares the same passion and vision to create and innovate and has a “thing” for automation.
We are still in growth stage and hence, there is no lack of engaging projects. For example, microservicing. As Piktochart continues scaling to handle millions of users at the same time, we need specialized services to handle specific parts of the application. This complicates the stack but we are willing to go the extra mile to ensure users have a certain quality of the service. It is also important to optimize efficiency of resources or have zero tolerance of down time to build in the direction that the company is headed for.
We are using Golang, Python on top of Ruby in order to keep pushing what’s possible at Piktochart. A project that showcases our motto of “Not sticking to what is possible but innovating beyond what’s possible” include server side rendering, which is rendering a high definition and pixel perfect image of WYSIWYG on a browser, an internal endeavor that took us over a year to perfect! In the world, due to browser constraints, all renderers had their pros and cons and we attempted to solve the problem by spending a year to change our product as well as come up with a solution.
Your mission :
- Design, build, maintain and innovate with a focus on Maintainability, Readability, Efficiency, Reusability, Reliability of our production code or internal tools
- Analyze software performance and perform system/code optimization
- Development of all server-side logic, definition and maintenance of the central database ensuring high performance and responsiveness to requests from the front-end
- Integrate external services and resources into applications
- Implement automated testing platforms and unit tests
You offer :
- 3+ years working on web applications built on Ruby OR Golang
- Have previous experience with Mysql OR with other data stores such as Redis, Elasticsearch, Postgres.
- Experience in implementing robust set of services with RESTful APIs to power web applications
- Experience with cloud platforms, high-availability systems, data indexing, automated testing.
- Bonus points if you are familiar with Python and nodejs.
- Enthusiastic about collaborating in a small team and inter-disciplinary environment
- You must be a self-starter and open to receive feedback.
- You should be self-motivated to build great products and achieve excellence.
- Speak good English
- Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Work with the team in a co-working space
Who are we?
We are transforming the visual storytelling space by delivering an effortless user experience in creating beautiful, professional grade visuals. By pushing the limits of what’s possible in technology and taking time to understand our users, Piktochart has empowered over 10 million users worldwide to visually communicate in ways that were not possible before!
The team that is behind Piktochart consists of 14 nationalities spread across 8 countries. Pair programming, mentorship, code reviews and group learning all form part of our daily lives and we consider it a privilege to continuously learn. The HOPEFUL values define our culture and inform our actions and decisions.
Our Story How we grew into what we are today. How did it begin? It all started in 2011 when Ai Ching and Andrea founded Yet Another Studio, a graphic design agency based in Penang, an exotic Malaysian island known for its rich variety of food and incredible heritage sites. They quickly realized “infographics" has become a buzzword, and that anyone who was serious about their content strategy or hungry to make their communication visually attractive would probably look into creating one eventually. From 4 people working day and night in a small Penang-based warehouse, our first do-it-yourself infographic platform was born. Now, we’re 48 months in, serving over 5 million users, and growing every single day. Every time marketers drive more visits to their website, teachers engage and spark interest in their students, children create stunning presentations for their assignments and nonprofits spread awareness of their noble causes, we get extra energy boosts to keep evolving and bringing even greater tools to the world. To you.
Want to learn more about Piktochart? Visit Piktochart's website.
Jobs You May Like
Program Manager, Cloud Services, Stitch
MongoDB, New York City
Mobile Project Manager
Intrepid Pursuits, Boston, MA
IT - General Applications UAE
noon.com, Dubai, UAE
Cloud Service Engineer
Box, Redwood City, CA
Sr. Manager of Product Management
Bonobos, New York, NY
Windows & Networking SME (FT or PT Remote Contract)
General Assembly, Los Angeles, CA