Pilotworks is building a national sales organization focused on bringing food production infrastructure-as-a-service to established, high volume food producers, manufacturers and foodservice operations in our regional operating hubs.
Pilotworks builds scalable shared kitchen and food production infrastructure for food companies, billable by the hour, enabling them to scale without incurring the fixed costs, growth constraints and costly underutilized time related to directly building and leasing their own dedicated spaces.
Our in-house portfolio of services include turnkey hourly kitchen space, specialty production capacity, learning resources and distribution services. We operate 7 production facilities nationwide and are growing our footprint rapidly.
We are building an amazing global sales organization to accelerate the growth of our core customer segment: established caterers, bakers, CPG brands, delivery kitchens, meal prep companies and adjacent food producers with mid to high volume.
We are a fast-growing venture-backed startup backed by seasoned venture and food industry investors and led by seasoned entrepreneurs with high-growth experience in the SaaS, e-commerce and food industries.
About the Role
The Account Executive role is a 100% outbound sales role supported by dedicated HQ and local market BD and onboarding resources. This is a foundational role for Pilotworks in building our verticalized sales approach.
As a founding member of the team, you will drive the strategy, culture, processes and tools to dramatically accelerate our sales team’s performance against ambitious growth targets in the food production industry.
We apply a B2B SaaS approach to sales funnels, targets and incentives. You will have open access to any internal resources needed to accelerate qualified lead generation and closing.
- Lead the charge selling Pilotworks kitchen and production infrastructure to established regional mid-market food producers in the mid to high-volume catering, baking, CPG, delivery kitchens, meal prep and adjacent verticals.
- Own the complete sales cycle from prospecting to closing, partnering with internal stakeholders to ensure successful onboarding into the Pilotworks system.
- Build relationships with operators to understand product fit.
- Work with internal marketing teams to develop the resources needed to easily articulate the company’s cost-saving value proposition to prospects.
- Partner with Product, Marketing and Operations teams to ensure our solutions meet the needs of the market. Synthesize and deduce trends in the market as well as deliver feedback internally to enhance Pilotworks position in the shared food production infrastructure market.
- Be the foundation for building the middle market sales team from inception to national scale. This will require attending trade shows, events, conferences, etc. Additionally, you will be the internal and external sales representative for all things middle market. Build a book of business from scratch in the mid-market segment. This requires prospecting, cold calling, building relationships with gatekeepers, and a fearless attitude.
- Achieve and consistently exceed monthly & quarterly sales goals.
Skills and Qualifications
- Proven track record in selling SaaS or other contracted products into the foodservice and/or food manufacturing industry and success in building your own outbound pipeline spanning 3+ years of experience in sales in a closing role.
- Intellect, passion, curiosity, hunger, grit, and a lack of self-entitlement.
- A passion for operating whitespace, building processes that enables scale, and comfort operating in a dynamic & fast-paced environment.
- Ability to perform selling duties in an autonomous environment.
- Sales hunting and cold calling experience.
- Experience communicating, presenting, and coordinating with C-level executives .
Pilotworks is first and foremost a company about people (though food is a close second). We are guided by our core values as we work collectively on our mission, and we are proud to be building a culture with these values as the foundation:
Be Helpful ● Community First ● Seek Leverage ● Stay Humble ● Become a Student ● Respect ● Radical Honesty ● Nurture Entrepreneurialism
We offer a competitive compensation package which includes a variety of medical, dental, and vision insurance options, generous paid leave, drinks and snacks, fun events, and more.
Pilotworks is an equal opportunity employer, and we actively cultivate a community and workplace that celebrates diversity. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, age, familial or marital status, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Pilotworks operates high fidelity culinary incubators across the United States. We provide specialized products and services to entrepreneurs in the food community to help them bring new companies and ideas to market. Pilotworks is empowering the next generation of food entrepreneurs.