Pinterest is a fast growing platform that helps people discover ideas for their daily life. The Search Team at Pinterest helps Pinners explore and find the things they love through a unique visual search experience that spans answers and inspiration. Search quality is key to the success of Pinterest Search, and we’re looking for a software engineer to build advanced search technology using both text and visual signals as well as focusing on the special circumstances of the Pinterest specific search use case.
What you'll do:
- Be able to work on all aspects of the search problem such as topicality/relevance, page quality, image quality, overall ranking, query understanding, guided search, image content understanding, etc.
- Build models or develop ranking features for 150 million monthly users
- Build a search product that keeps Pinners engaged with great personalized content
What we're looking for:
- BS in computer science or equivalent degrees with at least 4 years working experience
- Technical background in Machine Learning, Information Retrieval, or Natural Language Processing
- Experience on working on large scale internet applications
- Experience with at least one programming language (Java, C++, C, Python)
- Experience with big data (hadoop/cascading etc)
Pinterest is full of possibilities to design your life. Discover recipes, style inspiration, projects for your home and other ideas to try.
Want to learn more about Pinterest? Visit https://www.pinterest.com/
Jobs You May Like
Software QA Engineer
Malwarebytes, Santa Clara, California
Software Engineering Lead
Snap Inc., Lehi, UT
Senior Software Engineer, International Product
CarGurus, Cambridge, MA
Computational Imaging Lead
Essential Products, Palo Alto, CA
Java Engineer - Geo