Pinterest is seeking a software engineer to join the Infrastructure Engineering team to focus on site-wide performance and capacity projects. You'll partner with AWS, map key workloads to future service offerings, and drive efficiency initiatives to help right-size the largest portions Pinterest’s cloud footprint. Along the way, you'll create innovative tooling and methodologies to help quantify resource needs and utilization for a diverse and ever-expanding landscape of microservices.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and extend vision for improving the efficiency of our cloud footprint while providing the deepest visibility to what is going on for all products; run capacity and performance experiments to determine scaling and utilization parameters for various service tiers.
- Work with Product, Infrastructure, and Data Engineering teams to find the optimal way to scale the infrastructure.
- Analyze and debug difficult server performance issues, identify bottlenecks and optimize product/service performance to improve user experience.
- Work with software developers closely to improve code base performance, reduce resource consumption, and shorten request latency.
- Write monitoring, reporting, and data-mining tools to do performance and capacity-related tests and analysis.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience in performance or capacity engineering.
- Experience in coding and scripting languages such as Go, Java, Python or C++.
- Analytical, budgeting and planning skills.
- BS degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Operations Research or related technical field.
Pinterest is full of possibilities to design your life. Discover recipes, style inspiration, projects for your home and other ideas to try.