Business Operations & Strategy Lead, Ads Product
Pinterest, San Francisco, CA
Visual discovery destination
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. As a Pinterest employee, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping users make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet. As a senior member of the Business Operations and Strategy team leading coverage for Ads Product, you’ll drive critical business insights for our executive team while partnering with leaders throughout Pinterest to fundamentally improve how we operate as a business. The ideal person will have exceptional analytical skills, an insatiable curiosity, and a “get stuff done” mindset. You’ll help us better understand our Pinners, advertisers, and products, and drive changes that will shape the future of Pinterest.
What you’ll do:
- Business Analytics & Reporting. Develop a deep understanding of our ads products and roadmap and how they drive our business to inform important decisions and priorities across the organization. Define critical KPIs and build core operating dashboards to help teams drive operational rigor and manage performance.
- Be the primary point person with our executive team to understand metrics movements and trends in our ads business.
- Strategy & Special Projects. Tackle key strategic questions and critical business initiatives, and partner with leaders throughout Pinterest to build business cases for potential investments. Present insights and recommendations to senior leadership, and drive the “follow through” of those recommendations to ensure smooth execution with a diverse array of cross-functional partners.
- Planning & Forecasting. Manage the forecast models for revenue and other core monetization metrics that drive company-wide forecasting, goal-setting, and strategic planning. Work with the Finance team and other senior leaders to craft regular updates to the Board of Directors and Executive Team.
- Build Out the Team. Grow a small (but mighty) team to help tackle each of the above for your coverage area.
What we're looking for:
- 10+ years of experience in a variety of strategic, analytical and operational roles. You thrive on combining rigorous data-driven analysis, strong business and product intuition and judgment, and an ability to work well across a variety of teams to solve complex problems, and have done so at a fast-growing technology company. You’ve likely had Biz Ops, consulting, investing, analytics, growth, and/or product management experience in a prior role. Consumer internet and online ads industry experience a plus.
- Ability to operate “full stack” while also developing others. You can self-sufficiently query data to ask and answer your own questions, visualize data in high signal-to-noise ways that make insights clear and compelling to executives, and create project structure and execution plans to drive swift action from those insights, while also growing more junior members of the team to eventually be able to do the same.
- Structured “systems” thinker who also loves the details. When engaging with a problem, you balance a focus on quick wins and actionability with ways to help Pinterest efficiently solve that problem at scale through systems and repeatable processes, and are comfortable diving into the operational details with the analytical, data, product, and engineering teams that you will be closely partnered with to make it happen.
- Entrepreneurial self-starter. You thrive in a fast-moving environment and are independently capable of seeking information, corralling resources, and delivering results without waiting for direction.
- High-energy, positive team player. You have a proven ability to influence without authority and build strong working relationships with business partners; this is a highly cross-functional role, so a low ego and a high instinct for collaboration are musts.
Pinterest is full of possibilities to design your life. Discover recipes, style inspiration, projects for your home and other ideas to try.