Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
We are looking for founding members of our Growth Engineering team in Dublin. You’ll be a pivotal part of the global Growth organization and its mission, while helping to build the inaugural branch of the Growth organization in Dublin. Specifically, you’ll join the Growth Platform team as a senior engineer whose mission is to accelerate global growth by building tools to improve user experience (such as internationalization and localization tooling). You will be responsible for bringing Pinterest to and customizing it for new markets around the world. This is an opportunity to join a new and globally impactful team with significant growth potential in leadership and team impact. You will positively impact the lives of millions of users, work day-to-day with engineering and cross-functional teams, lead projects end-to-end, and contribute to open-source as part of your job.
What you’ll do
- Impact & Mission: Join a small, but rapidly-growing engineering group in Pinterest's largest international office to establish infrastructure and platforms to achieve and foster global growth
- Pinterest Global Growth: Build Pinterest growth and globalization platforms to enhance the Pinterest experience for hundreds of languages and regions
Feature & Platform Development: Work across all parts of the stack with a heavy backend focus and be flexible working with different technologies
- Build integration pipelines, intelligent scripting, and new platform features across multiples levels of the stack to power company’s i18n and l10n strategies
- Scale the i18n and l10n infrastructure to support a large, high velocity engineering organization
- Contribute to Mojito - the open source continuous l10n platform that Pinterest uses and leads development in
- Evangelization across engineering to implement and adopt globalization best practices
- Act as voice and thought leader within and outside the company in globalization and internationalization engineering and strategy
- Define and lead execution of i18n and l10n strategies for the company by working with engineering leaders across the company and cross-functionally with international and product teams
- Work in dynamic and diverse environments alongside engineering, international experts, and growth teams
- Help grow the team and become the local engineering team's Technical Lead, defining the team's direction and mentoring it's engineers
What we’re looking for
- 5+ years of software development, preferably in backend engineering, building large scale end-to-end systems and platforms
- Experience with automation/integration services/pipelines (eg. Jenkins, Buildkite)
- Self-driven and openness to learn quickly, explore, flexibility without being afraid to dig deep
- Experience leading and mentoring junior developers and upleveling a team’s technical ability
- Experience in i18n and l10n is a plus but not a requirement
Pinterest is full of possibilities to design your life. Discover recipes, style inspiration, projects for your home and other ideas to try.
Want to learn more about Pinterest? Visit Pinterest's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.