Senior Manager, Internal & Executive Communications
Pinterest, San Francisco, CA, US
Visual discovery destination
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
We are looking for a Senior Manager, Internal & Executive Communications to join our comms team. We want you to help our leaders craft compelling stories to employees and the world. And we want you to help connect employees to company priorities and help leaders manage change. In this role, you’ll write and edit a ton of great content for internal audiences (primarily), help set the internal communications strategy and own important communications touchpoints. Pinterest inspires hundreds of millions of people. We are looking for that special person who can capture this spirit with their words and work.
What you’ll do:
- Support and drive the development of an integrated communications strategy
- Find ways to continuously improve and innovate on communications practices & channels
- Work with senior executives to define and counsel on their key messages and company communications, including penning their communications
- Support content development for select external executive communications opportunities
- Develop original material and messaging for key internal communications touchpoints, including leading on regular Q&A forum with executives and teams members
- Collaborate with a variety of stakeholders to tell business and product stories that engage employees
- Effectively lead and land change management efforts and support crisis communications
- Help ensure that the consistency, tone, and voice of our messaging accurately represents Pinterest
- Manage one direct report
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years of communications experience with global consumer brands
- A history of working with high profile people from the private or public sectors
- A deep understanding of how communications, leadership and culture intersect
- Experience driving behavior change with internal audiences
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with ability to write narratives/speeches for executives
- Experience turning complicated concepts into persuasive prose and driving clear business messages
- An ability to think visually (after all, we are a visual discovery engine!)
- Curious, confident holistic problem-solver with a clear point of view
- Experience formally or informally managing a small team
- A love of giving and getting feedback
Pinterest is full of possibilities to design your life. Discover recipes, style inspiration, projects for your home and other ideas to try.
Want to learn more about Pinterest? Visit Pinterest's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.