Deals Process Specialist (Contract)
Pinterest, San Francisco, CA, US
Visual discovery destination
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
As a Process Specialist for Pinterest’s deals program, you will work with Sellers on formalizing strategic advertiser partnerships that secure long term revenue and deepen relationships with our clients. The program covers a significant portion of our revenue and is growing rapidly. You will enable the program’s aggressive growth trajectory by partnering with front-line sellers and senior management to shepherd deals through internal processes from start to finish. The Program Manager also builds new internal processes to scale the program and efficiently handle deals that are increasingly nuanced and complex, as we evolve our deals approach and strategy.
Partnering with front-line sellers, Sales Leadership, Finance, Legal, Sales Strategy & Operations, you will build and execute all processes for our deals program, defining corresponding system requirements, developing and executing scaled guidance & training, and serving as advisor to sellers on their individual deals.
What you’ll do:
- Own all deals processes for the full sales org
- Serve as a trusted advisor to front-line sellers, providing 1-1 consultation to sellers to shape their proposals and move through all internal deals processes, from structuring their deal in way that balances value to their advertiser with value to Pinterest, to securing input and approval across multiple stakeholder groups
- Lead weekly “Deal Review” forum for sellers + cross functional decision makers to collaborate in shaping deal proposals; ensure all decisions and actions are clearly defined, well documented, and executed quickly to get deals over the finish line
- Develop clear, comprehensive yet digestible process guidance for the full 1000+ person sales org; lead trainings for sellers as well as cross functional partners
- Define + monitor core operational program metrics; collect qualitative feedback from stakeholders on processes. Consistently report out to stakeholders on those metrics, to drive consistency across teams and understanding of what’s working + what’s not
- Proactively use the quantitative metrics and qualitative feedback to identify process improvements that balance balance expediency with oversight and scalability with client-specific needs; secure buy-in and input from cross functional teams for improvements; build out and execute
- Partner with various stakeholder teams to build, secure buy in for, and roll out process improvements, including system changes
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years experience in program management, operations, process design + continuous improvement; passion for building and improving core business processes
- 2+ years experience in Digital Advertising with an understanding of Advertising upfronts or year long deal commitments
- In-depth experience developing and rolling out processes to meet the needs of many different stakeholders
- Clear, concise, communication to stakeholders at all levels. Ability to clearly outline detailed processes to drive full stakeholder comprehension, while also succinctly explaining the "why" behind the details to drive buy-in;
- Ability to build trusted relationships and serve as advisor and expert for cross functional stakeholders on all internal deals processes; including scaled and individual trainings and comms to maintain buy-in throughout periods of significant change
- Ability to use and communicate sound business judgment in nuanced situations to keep deals moving forward and maintain stakeholder buy-in
- Strong experience working with Salesforce; experience in defining system requirements
- Strong understanding of online advertising sales cycles
- Working knowledge of SQL + Tableau a plus, but not required
- This is a contract position at Pinterest. As such, the contractor who fills this role will be employed either by our staffing partner (ProUnlimited) or by an agency partner, and not an employee of Pinterest
- All interviews will be scheduled and/or conducted by the Pinterest assignment manager. When a finalist has been selected, ProUnlimited or the agency partner will extend the offer and provide assignment details including duration, benefits options and onboarding details.
Pinterest is full of possibilities to design your life. Discover recipes, style inspiration, projects for your home and other ideas to try.
Want to learn more about Pinterest? Visit Pinterest's website.
The leading leasing, marketing, and asset management platform taking commercial real estate businesses online.