We’re looking for a seasoned Big Data engineer to help us build and scale the next generation of near-realtime data processing and warehousing platform. You’ll use big data technologies to power critical big data processing needs of Ads, Analytics, BI, and anti-spam teams. You’ll join a technically strong team that is laying the foundation to revamp Pinterest’s data infrastructure.
What you’ll do:
- Build and scale our stream processing platform using the latest open-source technologies to process petabytes of data daily
- Support and build critical data pipelines for specific use-cases like machine learning and stream processing
- Design and build near-realtime data warehouse to power numerous data processing, data discovery, machine learning, and internal business intelligence and analytics use cases
- Contribute to the team’s technical vision and long-term roadmap
- Provide thought leadership to the entire Data org on how data can be stored and processed more efficiently, reliably, quickly, and at scale
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of experience with Data Warehouse and open-source Big Data technologies
- Experience building infrastructure to support realtime or offline data pipelines processing petabytes of data
- Experience with Mesos, Spark, Hive, Hadoop, SQL, Kafka, Parquet, HDFS, or HBase
- Proficiency in multiple systems languages (Scala, Java, Python)
Pinterest is full of possibilities to design your life. Discover recipes, style inspiration, projects for your home and other ideas to try.
Want to learn more about Pinterest? Visit Pinterest's website.
Jobs You May Like
Omada Health, San Francisco HQ
Lead Firmware Engineer
Casper, San Francisco
Software Engineer - Developer Experience (DevX)
Affirm, San Francisco, CA
MoneyLion, Kuala Lumpur
Technical Lead (TDD, OOP, SOLID, CI/CD, Agile, Various Languages)