Data Engineer, People Insights & Analytics
Pinterest, San Francisco, CA, US
Visual discovery destination
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
The People Insights and Analytics team is looking for a data engineer to build and maintain a data platform to help Pinterest make better decisions about its employees using data. You’ll own the flow of data between multiple systems that track data for our employees and employee data warehouse systems, which fuels analytics, dashboards, surveys and other tools that help our leaders and managers build a world-class people experience at Pinterest. The successful candidate will have experience working with enterprise data warehouses, be passionate about empowering people to make data driven decisions and be excited to own and build a data platform.
What you’ll do:
- Architect the data strategy for the People Team. We’re just getting started building a system that can scale with our business and analytics needs
- Establish relationships across People team, Engineering and the Business to understand our data landscape, and create a strategy to bridge the gaps
- Utilization of data from disparate sources, making it available to data scientists, analysts, and other users using scripting and/or programming languages (Python, Java, C, etc)
- Evaluate structured and unstructured datasets utilizing statistics, data mining, and predictive analytics to gain additional business insights
- Design, develop, and implement data processing pipelines at scale
- Present programming documentation and design to team members and convey complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Extract data from multiple sources, integrate disparate data into a common data model, and integrate data into a target database, application, or file using efficient programming processes
- Maintain suite of data tools platforms and dashboards in Tableau, Django, d3, Jupyter, R and other analytical tools.
What we're looking for:
- Hands-on experience in data modeling, data visualization and pipeline design and development
- Hands-on experience with data platforms (Hadoop, Hive, Presto, Snowflake, Cloudera ) and familiarity with data visualization (Tableau, D3) technologies
- Strong in at least one of these programming languages: Python, Java, Go
- Comfortable working across a wide array of technologies, project types, and business requirements. Strength in AWS and cloud data technology strongly preferred
- Experienced at organizing and executing against sprints
- Ability to handle confidential material discreetly
Pinterest is full of possibilities to design your life. Discover recipes, style inspiration, projects for your home and other ideas to try.
Want to learn more about Pinterest? Visit Pinterest's website.
Slack's cloud-based collaboration tools and services are used worldwide.