Head of Analytics and Data Science, Monetization
Pinterest, San Francisco, CA, US
Visual discovery destination
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Core to this mission is our ability to enable Pinners to identify the products, services and people that will enable them to realize their dreams while connecting businesses and advertising partners with the customers they need to realize their own. We are looking for a Head of Analytics and Data Science for Monetization. This leader will partner directly with our Head of Monetization for Engineering and Product to build, evolve and realize Pinterest’s monetization strategy (a $1B+ business).
What you’ll do:
- Lead & Develop the Team: Lead, grow, and develop an organization of 20+ highly skilled data scientists and product analysts across multiple geos and managers through excellent hiring practices, coaching, team processes, and more
- Drive Technical Excellence: Solve key technical challenges in understanding and improving the quality of advertisements, measure effectiveness of advertisements and our advertising products, and enhance shopping products on our platform
- Be a Strategic Thought Partner: Act as a thought leader alongside engineering and product partners; collaborate to develop and evolve our vision for revenue and advertiser growth, improve the quality of our product and enhance platform monetization through rigorous analysis and opportunity sizing
- Build a Portfolio of Work: Construct a portfolio of investments across the team that optimize on the short-term and long-term and span the risk vs. reward spectrum. The team will partner with Engineering, Product, Research and Design and will be responsible for building and maintaining a suite of metrics/measurement solutions, driving rigorous experimentation, identifying insights and opportunities to invest in, and building/analyzing models that improve value provided to pinners, advertisers and merchants
- Drive Rigor and Velocity: Drive a team that yields high quality and actionable results, while maintaining the right balance between velocity and rigor
What we are looking for:
- Have a Growth Mindset: A self-propelled intellectually curious continuous learner who keeps up with new tools, methodologies, and the industry and is unafraid to take new challenges
- Advocate for Product Quality: Someone who emphasizes and advocates for the quality of the product.
- Innovation and Risk Taking: Someone who is consistently looking for new and innovative ideas, drawing from data, the team expertise and the industry
- A Clear Communicator: Excellent at being able to communicate complex analysis and insights to highly disparate audiences with varying technical depth
- Have a Challenger Mindset: You are comfortable challenging the status quo in an effort to make improvements.
- Have Passion for Data: You continue to be hands on with data regardless of what your role is because it is something you are truly passionate about
A Champion of Inclusion and Diversity: You are a proven people leader who ensures that your teams are inclusive of and leverage diverse experiences and backgrounds
- 12+ years of combined industry and post-graduate academic experience in a quantitative field and a proven ability to apply scientific methods to solve real-world problems on web-scale data
- 5+ years of leadership experience managing a team of 15+ data scientists and product analysts across multiple locations at a technology company. Experience in leading an organization with managers, ICs, and technical leads.
- 3+ years working in ads, shopping, or e-commerce domains
- 3+ years experience working closely with both engineering and product teams
- 3+ years hands-on individual contributor experience in many of the following areas
- Ads Quality | Growth | Metric Design | A/B Experimentation Design and Evaluation | Human Evaluation | Machine Learning | Ranking and Recommendation Systems | Causal Modeling | Big Data Processing| Ads measurement
- Hands-on knowledge of SQL and Python or R
Pinterest is full of possibilities to design your life. Discover recipes, style inspiration, projects for your home and other ideas to try.
Want to learn more about Pinterest? Visit Pinterest's website.
Great Prices. Better Cars. Shipped to You.