We’re looking for a site reliability engineer to build and run our large-scale distributed systems and to ensure Pinterest’s site reliability. You’ll design, build and monitor our applications and infrastructure that handle billions of monthly page views and petabytes of data.
What you'll do:
- Design, build and operate a subset of our data technologies stack: MySQL, ElasticSearch, ZooKeeper, HBase, Hadoop, Memcache and Kafka with a focus on reliability, automation, operability and performance.
- Develop software solutions to enable operability of large scale distributed systems handling petabytes of data.
- Manage capacity and performance to help scale our infrastructure both on public and private clouds around the world.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years of fulltime industry experience
- Strong programming skills in a modern programming environment
- Proficient in either Python, Java, Go, or C.
- Experience developing and architecting solutions using both SQL and no-SQL databases, i.e. MySQL and Memcache
- Strong knowledge of Linux/Unix/BSD internals
Pinterest is full of possibilities to design your life. Discover recipes, style inspiration, projects for your home and other ideas to try.
Want to learn more about Pinterest? Visit https://www.pinterest.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer - Machine Learning
Squarespace, New York, New York
Localization Software Lead
Lyft, Palo Alto, CA
Infrastructure Security Engineer
Palantir Technologies, Palo Alto, CA
Software Engineer, Android (China)
Airbnb, Beijing, China
Project Manager (w/m)
Data Infrastructure Engineer
Strava, San Francisco, CA - Strava HQ