Pinterest is one of the fastest growing online advertising platforms and our continued success depends on the reliability, performance, and scalability of the Ads infrastructure. You’ll help us build the next-generation Ads infrastructure that will deliver world class performance and scale to 100x our current size (query volume, number of advertisers, number of ad creatives, number of product offerings). You'll join a small, early-stage team, working on multiple critical functional areas and lay the foundation for Pinterest’s business success.
What you'll do:
- Own and innovate the core functional areas of the Ads infrastructure—ads serving systems, ads indexing/retrieval systems, ads ranking/training system, and real-time budgeting/pacing/features systems
- Re-architect core Ads infrastructure services/components to achieve greater scalability, freshness, performance, efficiency, and reliability
- Apply Distributed Systems principles to build next-generation Ads infrastructure services/components
- Develop processes to systematically evaluate the Ads infrastructure for regressions in system performance and key business metrics
What we're looking for:
- 3+ years of industry experience with distributed systems, data infrastructure, and systems programming
- Experience in solving complex scaling, latency, or performance problems in high-volume distributed systems
- Proficiency in at least one of the systems languages (Java, C++, Go)
- Experience in building and owning critical user-facing backend serving systems
Pinterest is full of possibilities to design your life. Discover recipes, style inspiration, projects for your home and other ideas to try.