Pinterest helps people Discover and Do the things they love. We have more than 200M monthly active users who actively curate an ecosystem of more than 100B pins (ideas) on more than 1B boards, creating a rich human curated graph of immense value.
Technically, we are building out an internet scale personalized recommendation engine in 22+ languages, which requires a deep understanding of the users and content on our platform. As an engineer on the Knowledge team, you’ll work on content classification, user modeling, personalization and ranking. Example projects include:
1) Understanding content by adding rich meta-data to 100B pins.
2) Mapping millions of queries, ngrams, and ad keywords into our interest graph.
3) Creating user models based on each users engagement with content over time.
4) Understanding how user's interests over time and predicting future interests.
6) Building out Taste and Product graphs.
What you'll do:
- Build systems to extract insight from our data and distill it into usable signals that will power experiences across Pinterest.
- Design and build systems that combine machine learning and product design to continuously improve over time. Partner closely with teams across the organization to experiment with different algorithms and validate their effectiveness.
What we're looking for:
- Software engineering expertise and the ability to build scalable, distributed data processing systems.
- Knowledge of algorithms, data-structures and measurement/statistics.
- Machine learning, natural language processing, information retrieval, or knowledge representation experience.
- Experience working with large code bases, cross team collaboration, mentoring other engineers, giving and getting feedback, and reviewing code/systems.
- Experience with MapReduce/Hadoop and/or distributed systems.
Pinterest is full of possibilities to design your life. Discover recipes, style inspiration, projects for your home and other ideas to try.
Want to learn more about Pinterest? Visit https://www.pinterest.com/
Jobs You May Like
Engineering Manager - Security
Director, Site Reliability Engineering
MuleSoft, San Francisco
Full Stack Engineer, Member Operations Team
Etsy, Brooklyn, NY
Senior Back-end Engineer
HelloFresh, New York, NY
Product Engineering Lead - Payments
Meetup, New York
Member Technical Staff - System / Performance Testing