In order to build the World’s Catalog of Ideas and help people discover and do what they love, Pinterest is building a deep understanding of the content and users on our platform. As an engineer on the Knowledge team, you’ll work on content classification, user modeling, personalization, and ranking systems. The ideal candidate will have experience in machine learning, data processing pipelines, distributed systems, and measurement/statistics.
What you'll do:
- Build systems to extract insight from our data and distill it into usable signals that will power experiences across Pinterest
- Design and build systems that combine machine learning and product design to continuously improve over time
- Partner closely with teams across the organization to experiment with different algorithms and validate their effectiveness
What we're looking for:
- Minimum 5+ years of fulltime experience
- Knowledge of algorithms, data-structures, and statistics
- Expertise in machine learning, natural language processing, and knowledge representation
- Experience working with large code bases and multiple person teams, mentoring other engineers, giving and getting feedback, and reviewing code and systems.
- Experience with MapReduce, Hadoop and/or distributed systems
Pinterest is full of possibilities to design your life. Discover recipes, style inspiration, projects for your home and other ideas to try.
Want to learn more about Pinterest? Visit https://www.pinterest.com/
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer - Content Discovery and Personalization
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Associate Operations Analyst, International Software Development & Special Operations (ISD)
PlayStation, Playa Vista, CA
Software Engineer: Web & Mobile
Oscar, New York, NY
Senior Java Developer
Software Engineer - DevOps (Frontend) - Contract
PlayStation, Waterloo, Ontario (Canada)