With millions of Pinners and billions of Pins, Pinterest presents a ripe target for spam, fraud, and objectionable content. As an engineer on the Protect team, the systems you develop will shield Pinners from seeing the bad stuff and help us build a great Pinterest brand. We're passionate about developing infrastructure to fight fraud at big data scale in real-time.
What you'll do:
- Design, code, and debug real-time systems to process large data-sets on massive clusters
- Build infrastructure for ML models to detect abuse, classify content and enforce policy
- Build pro-active systems to detect and surface anomalies
- Collaborate with product teams to enhance and integrate solutions you develop
- Collaborate with data analysts to discover and mitigate new fraud and abuse patterns
What we're looking for:
- Experience programming in Java/C++ or in a scripting language, such as Python/Ruby
- Experience with batch processing or stream processing systems (e.g. Hadoop, Spark) and passion for building large-scale data infrastructure
- Experience with building systems to detect spam, fraud or related domains
- Great communication skills. You should be able to clearly articulate your design decisions and engage closely with Product Managers and Spam Operations
- 5+ years of fulltime industry experience
Pinterest is full of possibilities to design your life. Discover recipes, style inspiration, projects for your home and other ideas to try.
Want to learn more about Pinterest? Visit Pinterest's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director of Information Security
Genscape, Louisville Office
iOS Development Subject Matter Expert
General Assembly, Los Angeles
Scoop, San Francisco, California
Sr iOS Developer
i.am+ Hollywood HQ, New York, NY
BounceX, New York