Senior Communications Manager, Product
Pinterest, San Francisco, CA, US; New York, NY, US
Visual discovery destination
Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
As a Senior Communications Manager, Product, you’ll report to the Head of Consumer and Product Communications, and develop and execute product strategies across the breadth of Pinterest’s Product Organization. You’ll collaborate with cross-functional teams, including marketing and sales, and be our voice with tech press. You’ll be responsible for creating and maintaining strong media relationships and garnering favorable media coverage for our initiatives. You’ll help manage our PR agency and will spend time ideating and developing ideas and strategies that you then own, manage, execute and measure.
What you’ll do:
- Develop comprehensive product communications plans, strategies and programs
- Leverage existing strong tech media relationships to elevate awareness and coverage of Pinterest
- Write technically-written Newsroom, Medium and Blog posts
- Proactively source and pull together new, compelling tech and product narratives
- Co-manage PR agency and inbound tech press requests
- Work with agency to manage monthly / quarterly / annual metrics reports
- Help manage and prep company spokespeople
- Proactively work with cross-functional teams to identify product story opportunities
- Support cross-functional executives on owned media moments and projects
- Help develop content for executive social media amplification
- Make strategic recommendations and decisions on when and how to launch products
- Inspire and mobilize teams toward common goals
- Mentor core and cross functional team members
What we’re looking for:
- 10+ years experience in PR / communications with a specific acumen in product / tech communications
- Preferred both agency and in-house experience
- Exceptional writing and presentation skills
- Established technology media relationships in a variety of categories (social media, enterprise tech, consumer tech)
- Experience working with executives on campaigns, key messages, media prep and creating content for executive social amplification
- Proven track record of generating high quality results that differentiate and break through the industry noise
- Experience managing a team and external agency
- Self-motivated, high energy, collaborative team player
- Strong project management skills and the proven ability to balance multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment
Pinterest is full of possibilities to design your life. Discover recipes, style inspiration, projects for your home and other ideas to try.
Want to learn more about Pinterest? Visit Pinterest's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one