Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Shopping is at the core of Pinterest’s mission to help people create a life they love. The shopping product team at Pinterest is inventing a brand new, more visual and personalized shopping experience for 350M+ users worldwide. The team is responsible for inspiring Pinners to shop, helping them find the best product and providing seamless checkout experience.
We are looking for a backend engineer to build features that enable Pinners to create the life they love with product discovery and decision experiences that guide from inspiration to purchase. You're a TL who will architect solutions to allow the team to move faster on all fronts: lower latency, more stable workflows, backend-driven feature deployments, etc. You are also a generalist who is passionate about building end-to-end product features and has a profound understanding of complex backend systems that would power such shopping experiences.
What you'll do:
- Build features to power the future of Shopping on Pinterest.
- Contribute to and lead each step of the product development process, from ideation to implementation to release; from rapidly prototyping, running A/B tests, to architecting and building solutions that can scale to support millions of users.
- Work with cross functional peers (PM, Design) to define the product roadmap
- Architect robust backend services that would talk to various parts of the Pinterest tech stack as well as our client apps.
- Analyze and visualize data to drive product insights and to inform our decisions.
- Create new signals and incorporate them to further personalize Pinners’ experiences on Pinterest.
- Think creatively to solve the user problem with holistic, simple yet powerful solutions.
- Provide mentorship and support to team members.
What we're looking for:
- 5+ years experience in building consumer facing products on multiple platforms with a focus on server side logic for a rapidly iterating product
- Proficiency in common backend tech stacks for RESTful API, storage, caching and data processing
- Experiences in developing backend large scale distributed services and data processing workflows in Java and Python
- Strong command of data that could help improve the user experiences
- Strong communication skills and great product intuitions
Pinterest is full of possibilities to design your life. Discover recipes, style inspiration, projects for your home and other ideas to try.
Want to learn more about Pinterest? Visit Pinterest's website.
Innovative, fast-paced, challenging.. we're everything you want in a workplace.