Millions of people across the world come to Pinterest to find new ideas every day. It’s where they get inspiration, dream about new possibilities and plan for what matters most. Our mission is to help those people find their inspiration and create a life they love. In your role, you’ll be challenged to take on work that upholds this mission and pushes Pinterest forward. You’ll grow as a person and leader in your field, all the while helping Pinners make their lives better in the positive corner of the internet.
Pinterest Technical Program Managers deliver critical & strategic technical outcomes by directing and scaling engineering effort across organizational and functional boundaries. The right candidate for the Security, Technical Program Manager role will be an experienced technical lead for information security initiatives who can strategize with cross-functional stakeholders, communicate effectively, and drive technical decision-making. This is an execution and strategy oriented role in a data-driven environment so initiative, technical skills, a strong work ethic, and strong communication are a must.
What you will do:
- Balance the paramount need for assuring the privacy and security of Pinner data, compliance with regulations, advertisers’ need to access valuable audiences, and Pinterest’s globally expanding business
- Support security initiatives that enable product, engineering and tooling improvements across Pinterest systems and processes (e.g. business continuity, disaster recovery, anti-automation, invalid traffic, internal account takeovers, dev/prod management)
- Communicate & coordinate with cross-functional stakeholders to embed security best practices across the enterprise
- Develop strong partnerships with key stakeholders within Data Engineering (e.g. privacy, logging), Site Reliability Engineering (SRE), corporate security, and legal
- Identify technology gaps and coordinate with 3rd party vendors to assist key stakeholders in arriving at a build vs buy decisions
- Identify enterprise security risks and suggest mitigation measures
- Product management and ownership for security (including prodsec and infrasec)
What we are looking for:
- 5+ years of information security, risk and/or compliance experience
- 5+ years of big data and/or cloud experience
- An effective technical communicator. Ability to design documentation structures that precisely communicate requirements, accountability, task assignment, status, progress towards milestones, and overall confidence in program deliverables across multiple teams. Anticipates issues and proposes solutions. Clear verbal and written communication.
- A strategic thinker. Continually identifies gaps and areas to improve with proper prioritization and communication to all stakeholders
- Entrepreneurial self-starter. You have the ability to lead and develop a new operation from the ground up and can operate in ambiguity
- Good understanding of a post-IPO engineering climate and resources to properly communicate and identify stakeholders
- A Computer Science background is helpful, but not required
Pinterest is full of possibilities to design your life. Discover recipes, style inspiration, projects for your home and other ideas to try.
Want to learn more about Pinterest? Visit Pinterest's website.
Sweat in good company